What (film related things) do you want for Christmas?

IAC General Discussions
Dave Watterson

What (film related things) do you want for Christmas?

Post by Dave Watterson »

I had to ask! For the last few years it would be cameras as people moved into HD, but what would be on your list for Santa this year?
Michael Slowe

Re: What (film related things) do you want for Christmas?

Post by Michael Slowe »

Please can I have the good fortune to receive divine inspiration to enable me to make a really good film? With that all you need is an iphone to film it on and imovie to edit.
Willy

Post by Willy »

From Saint Nicolaus (6th December) I already received a new blu-ray-player from him. The newest sony. Price: only 99 euros. I had to wait for 7 weeks, but it was worth doing it.
Fantastic quality. Every club should have one now.You can also play DVD's with it. It is a very small machine. Do they have blu-ray players at BIAFF? Yes, I think so.

Furthermore I would like a lot of energy and good sense of creativity to make good films. A pleasant journey to Weymouth to attend BIAFF and see some friends.
Willy Van der Linden
Michael Slowe

Post by Michael Slowe »

Willy dear boy,I thought you lived in a civilised country. I can get to my nearest John Lewis store in ten minutes and buy off the shelf a BD player bearing any of the main names. and have been able to for many months. Actually I consider the Panasonic to be the best but I'm sure your Sony is brilliant. And of course they all automatically upscale DVD's for viewing on HD screens. Also Willy all the clubs I have been to have these players as of course does BIAFF.

Welcome Willy, to the 21st century, and I'm looking forward to seeing you in Weymouth, have a great Christmas.
fraught

Post by fraught »

I had a DSLR Rig on my list... and Santa was nice to me. :)
Only Boring People Get Bored
http://www.fraught.net
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

Good for you Fraught - I know you really wanted that. Now pre-order some physiotherapy for all the odd ways you will have to hold and use it! :lol:
Willy

Post by Willy »

Michael Slowe wrote:Willy dear boy,I thought you lived in a civilised country. I can get to my nearest John Lewis store in ten minutes and buy off the shelf a BD player bearing any of the main names. and have been able to for many months. Actually I consider the Panasonic to be the best but I'm sure your Sony is brilliant. And of course they all automatically upscale DVD's for viewing on HD screens. Also Willy all the clubs I have been to have these players as of course does BIAFF.

Welcome Willy, to the 21st century, and I'm looking forward to seeing you in Weymouth, have a great Christmas.
Willy Van der Linden
Willy

Post by Willy »

Michael Slowe wrote:Willy dear boy,I thought you lived in a civilised country. I can get to my nearest John Lewis store in ten minutes and buy off the shelf a BD player bearing any of the main names. and have been able to for many months.
Forgive me my poor technical knowledge, Michael. Yes, I sometimes live in prehistoric times, not in the 21st century. Sometimes I cannot follow anymore. I admire clubmates who always talk about the newest technical innovations. Luckily I still make films. I am a like a diesel. After one or two years I know my new camera and my new casablanca. I hate manuals. The instructions for use are in different languages, but not in Dutch, my mother-tongue.

The player that I bought is a Blu-Ray Disc/DVD-player BDP-S185. It has a HDMI out. I could have bought a player without waiting for weeks and weeks, but it seems that this one is much better (sound, images...) than the older and more expensive sony, panasonic, philips-players etc... Perhaps this reply belongs to the chapter "equipment".
Willy Van der Linden
fraught

Post by fraught »

Cheers Dave! I just need a Run and Gun Kit and i'm good to go! :-)
Only Boring People Get Bored
http://www.fraught.net