IAC Film Library at the East Anglian Film Archive

IAC General Discussions
james.layton

IAC Film Library at the East Anglian Film Archive

Post by james.layton »

Over 70 films from the IAC Film Library are now available to view for free on the East Anglian Film Archive's new website: http://www.eafa.org.uk

Go to the Search page and type 'IAC' for the full list. More will continue to be added over the coming months.
Michael Slowe

Re: IAC Film Library at the East Anglian Film Archive

Post by Michael Slowe »

James, thanks, very interesting. How have you selected these films? For instance you have one of mine but it's not particularly special from the ones that you have available. You say there will be more selections which is good news, I've already seen some of the old titles from way way back that I look forward to seeing. Your archive is becoming very valuable. The old regime of the NFT used to keep all the Ten Best films that they showed in their cinema. Then it became politically unacceptable for some reason and they slung them over to the IAC I believe. If you can showcase them it will be terrific. Who's financing this, a grant of some sort one would have hoped?
james.layton

Re: IAC Film Library at the East Anglian Film Archive

Post by james.layton »

The East Anglian Film Archive's digitisation, cataloguing and website development for this project has been jointly funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, Screen Heritage UK and the University of East Anglia. The IAC helped support the digitisation of 30 hours of content from the IAC Film Library (mainly from 16mm so far), 16 hours of which appears online. Selections were made by Archive staff, academics and the IAC Film Librarian Phillip Collins. It is hoped further digitisation of the Film Library will be possible to make even more accessible in the future.

Please do make suggestions for films you feel should be included.