Club Showreel Required for Sept 9th

IAC General Discussions
TimStannard

Club Showreel Required for Sept 9th

Post by TimStannard »

Does anyone have a recent Club Showreel I can show to our members on September 9th. We have a couple of evenings a year where we like to sit back and enjoy films from another club and I realise I haven't filled this date yet. I'm asking on here as it's good to make contact with clubs we don't often come into contact with. We're looking for about 80 mins.

If desired, we'll gladly send feedback. If it's not desired, we'll equally gladly not!

Thanks in anticipation.

Tim - Chairman Staines Ciné & Video Society
(or, as of 1st September, Staines Video Makers)
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
fraught

Re: Club Showreel Required for Sept 9th

Post by fraught »

I'm always happy to send on a couple of DVD's of work i have done alone or with friends... if you want?
Only Boring People Get Bored
http://www.fraught.net
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

Be brave, Tim. Fraught's productions might set light to Staines !

Dave
fraught

Post by fraught »

Dave Watterson wrote:Be brave, Tim. Fraught's productions might set light to Staines !

Dave
If this were on Facebook, i would be clicking the 'Like' button. :-)
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

I could send you a programme that I recently showed at Newcastle ACA. Some spanish travelogues A Norway Doc. A doc on Beamish open air museum(award winner). Two High Def videos. One being about Royal Yacht Britannia. Total Approx 80 mins on DVD and Blu-ray. Excerps of these can be seen on YouTube under RoyfromDurham.
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

Many thanks to both Fraught and Roy for your kind offers (and in Fraught's case the potential of reducing Staines membership by causing severe heart problems among some members!).

However, i'm really after a club reel - something that contains films made by a number of different people. Hope you understand.

(I might consider an evening of films by a select two or three people in the future though - good idea)
Tim
fraught

Post by fraught »

No problem Tim. There are a fair few film makers in the Basingstoke area at the moment, and can put together a pretty decent compilation of various people's work.

Let me know if you want me to send you some stuff.
Peter Copestake

Post by Peter Copestake »

If still stuck Pendle has some used for public show in celebration of our fiftieth, roughly according to the decades.
Peter.
Peter Copestake
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

Thanks Peter, that would make an iinteresting selection.
I'm pleased to say that in the meantime Frome have come up wit the goods for Sept 9th, so my immediate problem has been solved.

Thanks to all for your offers.

Moving this to a more general area, I'm rather surprised so few people responded. I would have thought more clubs woud have showreels ready to show off at a moments notice, be they to send to other clubs or for putting on show to local organisations. At Staines we commit every year's annual show (plus a few others) to a showreel tape and DVD so we've always got something available at the drop of a hat.

Do other clubs not do the same, or have they lost interest in showing their members' films and club films after the year?
Tim
Peter Copestake

Post by Peter Copestake »

We don't have enough films of general interest to make up an annual show but we do about 10 - 12 shows a year to mostly elderly people who have little interest in whether the films are new or not and they only want 45 minutes quite often but anyway we tend to try to meet their preferences so a show reel would not necessarily the best way to go about it.

I know other clubs do have showreels - perhaps they are on holiday.

I also have personal discs made up of films made over the years and I should say that some of our 'club' ones are made by individuals too.

Contact me via the IAC club directory if you want further offers - North West region - Pendle Movie Makers.

Peter.
Peter Copestake