Worst wedding video evah?

IAC General Discussions
Chrisbitz

Worst wedding video evah?

Post by Chrisbitz »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... video.html

Just in case you haven't seen this!

Interesting to note, looks like has has a Canon XL1, which is a fairly nice bit of kit...
I like to make films, this is- my Youtube account. What's yours?

"all of the above is nothing more than nonsensical ramblings, and definately should NOT be misconstrued as anyone's official policy"
Michael Slowe

Re: Worst wedding video evah?

Post by Michael Slowe »

Yes, I saw it in the newspaper and also noticed the camera. He also had a nice mic. mount and was monitoring his audio. He either got very lazy or succumbed to the champagne, something our Tom would never be guilty of.
tom hardwick

Post by tom hardwick »

XL1 = 4:3, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the photo. So maybe it was 350 quid in 4:3 and 400 in widescreen? Interesting that a few of the comments are horrified at the cost of a video, yet I'm pretty sure 350 quid wouldn't buy many vases of flowers, and they'd all be droopy within the week.

The problem as I see it isn't the poor video, it's the duh half-wit couple who didn't do a bit of research before booking the videographer. And expecting someone to work all day with them, using complex and expensive equipment, then go home and master an edit program and return with the film on DVD all for that much money?

Will the lesson be learnt or will the couple continue blundering through life, suing anyone who and everyone when things go wrong?

tom.
FILM THURSO

Post by FILM THURSO »

Just goes to show good equipment doesn't make the owner into a holywood director!
Souterman

Post by Souterman »

Hey what happened tae the line o thought what's a weddin tae dae wee this threed. So oo huv silly folk up here wha disny is affa clever. Ave juist come on tae sae all be there speeking border scots an gettin a lot o daft looks as usual. A jaist wush abdy a guid time an huv fun cos all be tryin tae. Oh an al pit the kilt on an aa but no aa the time.
FILM THURSO

Post by FILM THURSO »

A'll no be pittin e' kilt on since, 'am no fa the borders. Wur no lek at up here e' ken? Us fowkies are fae thi ither border, e' Pentland Firth, 'at is! Aal us boyag's and lassagees are no fae 'e same stock. Wur brocht up fae the beist of Vikeen blood, far be'tur thaan e' rest o' Scotland.
Now that I've dealt with the racial issues, let's get back to the wedding video! :D
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

To English readers - it's not worth translating the last two posts!

To "Thurso" ... there were Viking raiders and some heritage from them in the Scottish Borders too. Much of the Hawick dialect has distinctly Norse traces in it.

As for kilts and weddings ... a couple of weeks ago I was at a nephew's wedding at Uphall near Edinburgh and there must have been a hundred guys in "full highland" rig ... including me.

Back to the thread ...

Has anyone else got examples of videos made by supposed professionals that would shame a typical club beginners' contest?

Dave
FILM THURSO

Post by FILM THURSO »

Lol, I know the Vikings had a fair hand in many parts of the country but there's even chinese genes in true-blooeded Orcadians! :) What a mixed up bunch we are :) I think it results in bad wedding videos!

Alas I have no examples in my collection, my videos weren't spectacular by any stretch but I could at least see the bride and groom.