NEW LOOK IAC WEBSITE

IAC General Discussions
Dave Watterson

NEW LOOK IAC WEBSITE

Post by Dave Watterson »

Jan and I would like your help, please, good forum friends.

After many months of work, Jan launched the new look IAC website this afternoon. The site is huge, so checking it is an enormous task.

1) Please look around and let us know if you spot any odd layouts or links to the wrong place.
2) Let us know what you think of it.

Write here - or if you prefer, email webmaster@theiac.org.uk

We welcome your help and comments

Dave
Mike Shaw

Re: NEW LOOK IAC WEBSITE

Post by Mike Shaw »

Brilliant - a massive improvement - my complements to the 'chefs'!

I did spot one very minor thing: the contact for the SERIAC Region should be Brenda Troughton - SERIAC Secretary (I'll get her to send you accurate details: I have about 5 different email addresses for her!). How niggling can one get? !! :D

Now - Much easier to navigate one's way around, much better having shorter pages with easier to read type size, much cleaner, fresher look to the whole site.

Well done to you both. It must have taken a GINORMOUS amount of work - but every second was well worth it.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

absolutely spot on that there website Jan, Dave

well done

nice clean and slick ...

:D :D :D :D
Stephen

Film making is not a matter of Life and Death
It's much more important than that.
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

Don't keep thanking me! This was Jan's scheme and 99% her work. I just did a few scuttlebut bits and bobs to help.

By the way the lady who sketched the audience at the foot of the new pages is Jo Black, a talented tattoo artist based in Black Inc Studio, Frome.

Dave
Ian Woodward

Post by Ian Woodward »

Congratulations, Jan, on creating a brilliant, new, user-friendly website for the IAC.

I whizzed around it with child-like enthusiasm as I found myself coming upon many familiar but reassuring, essential features alongside numerous hidden treasures just waiting to be discovered.

I'm sure it's going to provide members with many happy hours of helpful use, endless entertainment and inspirational guidance.

Ian Woodward
Michael Slowe

Post by Michael Slowe »

I would like to add my appreciation to 'The Wattersons' (mostly Jan we are told) for creating the new look web site. One is immediately struck by the modern, cleaner look and the clearly indicated index for all the various items. It is a real pleasure to use, thank you both very much. It will inevitably take some time for us older users to find our way about but first impressions are good.
Pqtrick

Post by Pqtrick »

Can I add my compliment for the new look site.
I especially like the banner 'The world of non-commercial film and A-V making'.
Like all websites, it is OK to have one which catches the eye, but the most important aspect is to keep it fresh and up to date! In this we are lucky, thank to the work of Jan and Dave - Pq.
Brian Saberton

Post by Brian Saberton »

Congratulations Jan. The new web-site is much better to look at and easier to navigate.
Brian Saberton
Arthur Bates

Post by Arthur Bates »

The new website is agreat improvement, congratulations to you both. Behind every good man there is a good woman perhaps some better than others but it's not for me to say. Two little suggestions. I love to watch amateur films and unfortunately I am no longer able to travel. I know that you will make some of the Competition entries available on the forum which I will enjoy watching but would it be possible to change them say every 3 months? I don't know how difficult this would be to do. Secondly In due course you will be publishing competition results would it be possible to include the total number of entries. Arthur B.
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

Arthur - IAC council wanted us to put up movies for different lengths of time depending on how they were rated at BIAFF. This would be such a palaver we have been reluctant to do it. We also like to include some work not seen at BIAFF like those in the UNICA and SELECTED section of MOVIES.

All the movies in the "MOVIES" section of the site are hosted by other services like YouTube, so they do not take up space on our website, yet can be found and seen easily. We feel inclined to leave them all there!

We have very, very rarely put movies online. What you see are almost all movies put online by their makers. In a couple of cases where the maker had problems we have put them up on behalf of the author. We also put up some of the promo films for BIAFF and the Autumn Convention.

Of course we often encourage top film makers to put their work online!

As for the total number of entries - good idea. The BIAFF brochure usually goes further and provides a breakdown by IAC region and by country.

Many thanks for all the nice comments but specially for the errors and problems people have been sending my email privately. Those are very valuable and Jan has been able to sort out lots of niggling things quickly. Keep them coming!

Dave
col lamb

Post by col lamb »

Great job
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
Tony Grant

Post by Tony Grant »

WOW.JAN

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic new website.

Have a great 2011

Tony
the Scotsman in Belgium
Willy

Post by Willy »

Congratulations, Jan and Dave! It must have been an enormous job to change to IAC-website. Now it has a more convenient arrangement. Everything is arranged chronologically into clear sections. The lay-out is simple and perfect. The typography (or design in English?) is perfect. The information is interesting. A new boost for the IAC?

I know that there are several clubs that make a website. But after a short time they already stop. The webmaster does not have the courage anymore to bring the website up-to-date. A webmaster must always be persistent! I wondered if the word "webmistress" also exists, but it sounds a bit demeaning says a lady called Jennifer on internet somewhere. I think that Jan would rather be called webmaster. Well-done!
Willy Van der Linden
Souterman

Post by Souterman »

Well done folks especially Jan I do like the new site thanks