British Film Council Archive Movies

IAC General Discussions
billyfromConsett

British Film Council Archive Movies

Post by billyfromConsett »

Just thought I'd link the story of some British Film Council Archive Movies are now available online.

They show documentaries of life in the UK in the 1940's. Of around 160 movies on the files, 13 are now digitised and here to see.

http://www.timeimage.org.uk/ under digitised films.
Pqtrick

Re: British Film Council Archive Movies

Post by Pqtrick »

That's a good link, to what I think are excellent films of the time - Thanks Billy!
ned c

Post by ned c »

Thanks from me as well. I liked "Lowland Village" which is instantly recognisable as Lavenham, Suffolk close to where I lived for 16 years. A boon to us expats!

Thanks

ned c
Pqtrick

Post by Pqtrick »

Sorry Ned, I am desserting the status. This Ex-Pat is going back! OUR APARTMENT IS NOW SOLD. People ask? Are we really going back to a country of incessant rain, small brick houses, pots of tea, driving on the left, overcooked cabbage, sliced bread, brown sauce, mushy peas, snake and kidney pud, warm beer, ginger biscuits, bangers and mash? - MAGIC!
ned c

Post by ned c »

Good luck Patrick. Yes, I miss those things but we do have Brian's British Store in Las Vegas (2 1/2 hour drive) and the local supermarkets stock Weetabix and Branston; even Bangers & Mash (the real thing) in a restaurant in Cedar City (1 hr drive). We usually get to England twice a year and I miss the sunshine we have here (usually 300 days a year) and the clean mountain air; the views across the vally to 10,000 foot mountains. There is no perfect place to live; keep on filming!

Ned c