Support for 1080p files on Panasonic HDC-TM700

IAC General Discussions
col lamb

Re: Support for 1080p files on Panasonic HDC-TM700

Post by col lamb »

The best piece of transcoding software that I have tried and currently use is Cineform's Neoscene.

Try it out by downloading the trial version and then transcode some files, it works a treat with all my AVCHD sourced video file.

I use the transcoded files in Premiere CS3.
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

I have been suspicious of some contributions on this topic. Several mentioned a product called Aunsoft - which appears to be a low-quality conversion program for Macs, supported by heavy spamming. Hence I have removed some posts from this thread.

If any of the writers concerned wish to argue that decision, please email me on asstweb@theiac.org.uk

- Dave
tom hardwick

Post by tom hardwick »

Col - by 'transcoding', are you referring to down-conversion from HD to SD? I'm down-converting my AVCHD files using VirtualDub and I'm impressed by the results. VirtualDub is a free download, and although the process is long winded alongside Edius' 2 click operation, the results are worth it.

tom.
billyfromConsett

Post by billyfromConsett »

I've just ordered Adobe CS5 along with the above camera, so I'm hoping this will be a good enough combination. I've got an i7, W7,64bit and 8gb of ram so it will probably boil down to the software.

Not sure that I'll use progressive mode though - I'll film with 1080/50i, outbut to BR and see how it works.