IAC General Discussions
Lee Prescott

FVM EDITOR

Post by Lee Prescott »

:D

Hi Alls,
FVM EDITOR

OK so I'm making this a "New Topic" - it isn't but the RESULT IS:-

To let you know that our "whizz" Editor, Garth Hope, is to continue his excellent
work as EDITOR OF "FILM & VIDEO MAKER".

From where I'm coming from - at last some commonsense has prevailed....
I am very pleased to say.

Congratulations Garth - keep up the good work and the ink flowing.

** My further note to all: Garth as Editor, can only produce the magazine
if people contribute...apart from the regular contributors...so, come on down and
write articles for FVM - I do my bit from time to time.

:P LEE.
Mike Shaw

Re: FVM EDITOR

Post by Mike Shaw »

Good news indeed! Lets hope now the magazine continues to grow from strength to strength.

I had unprompted comments at one club where I was doing an 'Ambassador' visit recently - the club is IAC associated and gets the magazine - and all who saw it agreed unanimously and without any idea of 'what was going on', that the magazine had been steadily improving as the months went by. It is a contributory factor in getting people to join the IAC.

Well done Garth!
Lee Prescott

Post by Lee Prescott »

:)

FVM EDITOR

FURTHER: Considering the size of the membership of the IAC, that is from us, the "proletariat", surely there must be many people who could write and subscribe varied articles on a sort of "one off" basis - now and again.

Don't forget Garth the Editor needs articles to keep the magazine filled with continuing interest. In my view the more material the better.

Another, to me, IMPORTANT POINT: I have never understood why the official organ of the IAC never has a Form for MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS included! I have seen (past) copies of FVM on the Reception Table in Carousel. I have even seen it in Reception at both my Doctor's Surgery and at The Dentists! Obviously people leave it there. As such it could raise interest and a regular form of membership application in it would, no doubt, realise for the IAC more members.....

Oh yeah, I seem to remember that someone once told me the Form is available on the web site... not knocking that at all obviously but I just wish that people would remember that the
"availability net" is far wider than vistors to such a web site!

Lee. :wink:
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

Interesting though, Lee. I hope Garth is finding time to scan the forum now and then.

Remember that the mag only goes to members, so most copies would not be seen by potential newcomers.

Dave