Who is on location where?

IAC General Discussions
Dave Watterson

Who is on location where?

Post by Dave Watterson »

As I write this early in June, our forum friend Willy Van der Linden will be on location in Yorkshire making a movie ... and in theory having a holiday too. I hope he managed to shoot what he needed on the couple of good days we have had.

But it struck me that many of us may be involved in or planning a shoot somewhere this summer. So where is everyone planning to be?

I might guess Michael Slowe will be on Guana, his favourite tropical resort. Steven Green is probably planning a location trip to the shed. Pat Menmuir and her team will be heading for an open-air theatre in the round to perfect their multi-camera work. Tom Hardwick will be off to Bali on a wedding shoot. Peter Copestake will be infiltrating some local business to record what has made it great. Paul Chater might be looking for romantic scenery where he can pose Sarah in a sports car reading poetry at 100mph. Billy Ellwood will be scouring Tyne and Wear for comedy stars. Mike Shaw will be organising an expedition to his editing suite to carve out a new trick-shot wonder. Stingman will be making Isle of Wight holiday part two. Ken and Jean McRonald will surely be scripting a documentary about a Thai Tie Shop.

Enough nonsense! What plans for filming this summer have you got?
Dave

PS No dates / no home addresses unless you can assure would-be burglars that the couple of Kung-Fu experts who are dog-sitting your Rotweilers will at your home while you are away.
fraught

Re: Who is on location where?

Post by fraught »

I shall be scouring the back streets of Basingstoke this summer for a good location for my next project 'Room 4'.

As Basingstoke is where i live... it's not exactly too adventurous! But it keeps the costs down! ;-)
Only Boring People Get Bored
http://www.fraught.net
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Duh! The secret is out now Dave... the shed is in fact a key location in Albert's up and coming new film... the return of ...... now that would be telling!!!

Will be scouring the Newcastle quayside for suitable locations for a great music to film project. There are plenty of decent pubs there so it should be errrrr... interesting! !
Stephen

Film making is not a matter of Life and Death
It's much more important than that.
ned c

Post by ned c »

We have two winners in the TSB film script contest this year. The first to be shot in July a gentle home comedy and then in September something that seems to have escaped from Quentin Tarantino's note book requiring four pistols and a fast car. October sees the start of "Sister Wives", expect my deportation to follow immediately after its premiere.

ned c
Peter Copestake

Post by Peter Copestake »

Peter Copestake will be infiltrating some local business to record what has made it great.
Actually, liaising with the demolition gang who are knocking it down, Dave, and it was the last one in the UK. More at NW FF and BIAFF 2011, I hope.
Peter Copestake