Interviews that had to be cancelled.

IAC General Discussions
stingman

Interviews that had to be cancelled.

Post by stingman »

Dear all,

Sorry for the long time no see on here. Time does fly so quickly and we have changed Internet providers to BT so we need to work out an email address.

Ok... Re Subject....

Now we have all planned to Interview people on camera. I`ve done normal interviews for my films with local people who have been involved on the subject of the given film from WW2 to local buildings that have played an inportant part in my life.

But i wanted to be more origianal and wanted to do one Special Interview a Year.
My first Actor that I chose to Interview was a local one from here in Ryde. It was to be Michael Sheard. He lived down the road. He was in one of the Starwars films and also many War movies. I got in contact with him and we set a rough date for the interview as he was always busy. The time was getting closer but we had some bad news, He died just before i was going to film him.

My next idea was to interview Antony Mingella. He was a local person with his family living in Ryde also. I was kust about to get in contact with his famoly to try and sort something out and he died also!

Now is it me... Bad Luck and all that..... I don`t know!

Be good Peeps........
Ian Gardner
Film Maker
Pqtrick

Re: Interviews that had to be cancelled.

Post by Pqtrick »

Glad to see you back! How’s BT? With the lack of the usual posts recently, I have tended not to log into the forum much in the past weeks. It seems sometimes for me a good contact with the ‘real world’.

You are doing the sort of filming I think, that I endeavoured to do when I was in the UK. Good luck! Sad to say many of the WW2 personalities are no longer here.

We are visiting England next week and have planned to visit the CEMRIAC Autumn Festival at Mkt Harborough. [Looking forward to our pie, chips and peas for lunch!] We note that DW and femme are top of the bill as adjudicators, so it will be first-class to meet up with some old faces again. [Well, not old, but you know what I mean.]

Surprisingly, I want to make a film about Lyon. Not a travelogue though, I have hit on an idea how to encompass it to make it more interesting. My ‘local’ club here seem keen to provide the backup and do it with me.

We are talking about it at the end of October, Mmh! with my poor French! It is a good job that my wife is offering her usual linguistic skills.

Keep the forum alive with all bits of title tattle from far and wide! We don’t have to do ‘watts and amps’ all the time. Oh! by the way, where’s Willy?

[Now what was my new password?]
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

Welcome back, Stingman !

You do seem to have had a tough time with those interviews ... but what a good idea. We should all plan to film a local celeb talking about his or her life and career and connections with the area.

By the way there was an interesting idea for interview technique in a recent AMPS newsletter. The author, Stuart Rumens, has taken to leaving the camera on a tripod and gradually moving himself round the room, because the interviewee almost always looks at the person not the camera. The result is a much more interesting set of angles on the interviewee's face.

I guess some showbiz types might play only to the camera and want to present their "best profile" to camera, but such performers will also find ways of making themselves look interesting during their chat anyway.
-Dave

And Paddy ... hope to see you and Christine at the CEMRIAC festival.
Willy

Post by Willy »

PaddyW wrote:Glad to see you back! How’s BT? With the lack of the usual posts recently, I have tended not to log into the forum much in the past weeks. It seems sometimes for me a good contact with the ‘real world’.

You are doing the sort of filming I think, that I endeavoured to do when I was in the UK. Good luck! Sad to say many of the WW2 personalities are no longer here.

We are visiting England next week and have planned to visit the CEMRIAC Autumn Festival at Mkt Harborough. [Looking forward to our pie, chips and peas for lunch!] We note that DW and femme are top of the bill as adjudicators, so it will be first-class to meet up with some old faces again. [Well, not old, but you know what I mean.]

Surprisingly, I want to make a film about Lyon. Not a travelogue though, I have hit on an idea how to encompass it to make it more interesting. My ‘local’ club here seem keen to provide the backup and do it with me.

We are talking about it at the end of October, Mmh! with my poor French! It is a good job that my wife is offering her usual linguistic skills.

Keep the forum alive with all bits of title tattle from far and wide! We don’t have to do ‘watts and amps’ all the time. Oh! by the way, where’s Willy?

Willy Van der Linden
Willy

Post by Willy »

PaddyW wrote: Oh! by the way, where’s Willy?

I'm still alive, Paddy. The last few months I was very busy. Too busy. The doctor told me that I am not immune to stress anymore. It does not mean that this forum causes any stress. On the contrary. It's only a pity that not so many friends want to express their ideas about problems on this forum.

In July I was a final judge in Guernsey. I wrote 70 to 80 pages in English. I know that's exaggerated. But yes, that's my nature. A bird is known by its note and a man by his talk.
Next Wednesday I will be back in Guernsey to attend the festival. Hopely the sea will be calm this time. That's what the weatherman said. Last time it was "a bit choppy". "Is there a doctor on board ?", the captain of the Condor Ferry asked. But "the friendiest film festival in the world" gives the guarantee to have an enjoyable weekend. My wife and I are looking forward to meeting our friends again.

As I told you I visited the Haywards Heath Movie Makers ten days ago. I did it together with my club Focus Vaartland. A fantastic experience. The sun was shining all the time. We saw Brighton, Birling Gap, Beachy Head, Rye ... in the sunshine. Rye ... in that little town I will spend New Year's Eve again.

Now I am also preparing a trip to the Yorkshire Dales in the month of June next year. I will try to make a short film about Wensleydale. I have already been there several times. I have also thought of two acting scenes in that film, but I am sure that the George, sorry, Geoff Harrison and the Preston Movie Makers are willing to help me. Maybe they can find some good actors. Geoff has already sent me loads of Yorkshire Dales Magazines.

I have sweet memories of the Dales. When I was a teacher I stayed in Kettlewell Youth Hostel together with my students. It was snowing all the time. I still hear the sound of the river running through the village. I also stayed in Malham a few times. Now I have already found some cosy cottages near Hawes. It is difficult to make a choice. I think I will take one in a little village with pub and shop.

This time it will not be a long story. Biting off more than you can is not good. It may cause stress and making a film must still be a hobby.
Willy Van der Linden
billyfromConsett

Post by billyfromConsett »

Stingman - the answer's no! Don't try to interview me :mrgreen: