Raindance

IAC General Discussions
Tony Grant

Raindance

Post by Tony Grant »

Hello Everybody,

I am all wound up an excited, last week I went on a course by Raindance (www.raindance.co.uk)
The course was held in Belgium in English, the subject Lo-To-No Budget Filmmaking with Elliot Grove.
The course was attended by some 80 enthusiastic film makers both pro and semipro
With some excellent networking moments, even found a 35mm camera waiting to be used free of charge if I can drag myself away from HDV and find a team ready and willing.
The course showed how it was possible to make a short film suitable for the international film festivals on a lo to no budget and had many very interesting tips on corner cutting and getting something for nothing (a Scotsmans dream).
I would recommend this 2 day course to anyone who wants to do something a little different and wants to know how it is done in the major and not so major film studios of the world. Check out the website and just say “nothing is imposible”.

The cost, 25 Euros per day including coffee and soft drinks. Ok it was part of the Belgium short film festival and sponsored by the VAF but if you live near London well worth the prices they quote on there website.

Tony Grant