FVM, August 09

IAC General Discussions
tom hardwick

FVM, August 09

Post by tom hardwick »

Pleased to say my copy of FVM arrived over a week early this month, and a well done to the hard-working Garth Hope.

Some good stuff on board, too. Ken Wilson always makes me laugh with his Strange but True tales; Howard Gregory is so right when he says loudspeaker size matters; Reg Lancaster writes so well in his book reviews and Phil Beasley seems able to run a video business and yet make award-winning films on the side. How does he do it - doesn't the vampire sleep nights?

Mike Shaw keeps us up to date on 3D titling, Colin Jones' NLE deserves its two pages and Ernest Jennings breathes new life in to the club he's been a member of for 50 years. What?!

Dave Watterson clarifies the aspect ratio confusion nicely - though I take issue with the 'Anamorphic 2.34:1 shown 4:3'. This should have thicker black bars, Dave.

It could be Garth fighting you on this one, because it seems ironic that with an article such as yours on board the rear cover of the magazine has no less than 9 frame grabs shown horizontally compressed (768 pixel pictures reproduced as 720 pixels across). Yes, even the letterboxed ones.

tom.
Mike Shaw

Re: FVM, August 09

Post by Mike Shaw »

Here we go again ... everyone is reporting seeing their copies of FVM ... and I'm still waiting.

Where should I move to?

I feel all isolated and lonely :cry:
Willy

Post by Willy »

Where should I move to?
I feel all isolated and lonely :cry:
Not to Belgium, Mike. I have not received it either, but I don't mind you know. Better late than never.
So you feel isolated and lonely. This makes me think of Paul Anka's song : I'm just a Lonely Boy, lonely and blue ...
There is an animation film on Youtube about this song. I enjoyed it. I think I was about 10 when this song was popular, but I have not forgotten it. Those were the days, my friend !
Cheers
Willy

By the way : I don't feel lonely*, but very lazy... It's very hot in Belgium !
lonely or lonesome ? English is difficult ! You're all very lucky !
Willy Van der Linden
Mike Shaw

Post by Mike Shaw »

Lonesome is more poetic Willy, and probably a better choice of words in this case.

I think I should move to Belgium. And learn English! :)

Added: Oh look. The postman's just been and delivered my copy of FVM. Sorry Willy, the move to Belgium will have to wait a bit... :roll:
FILM THURSO

Post by FILM THURSO »

Not chuffed, I emailed details of The Big Gig festival in time and it wasn't printed. :evil: