SHOWCASE FOR SERIOUS VIDEO MAKERS

IAC General Discussions
Roy

SHOWCASE FOR SERIOUS VIDEO MAKERS

Post by Roy »

If you are looking for a site to show your videos and for them to be seen my serious video viewers, this may well be the site for you. It would appear that you might not get hits by thousands of morons like Youtube but you will get viewers who will appreciate the efforts you make. I have just placed a video on the site and nothing can be simpler to do.
Roy
http://www.videorendezvous.net
Dave Watterson

Re: SHOWCASE FOR SERIOUS VIDEO MAKERS

Post by Dave Watterson »

Video Rendezvous is a website organised by Kay Haagensen, one of the founders of Nordfilm another website based "club" for video makers.

http://www.Nordfilm.net covers technical issues and leans slightly more towards "true amateurs".
http://www.VideoRendezvous.net concentrates on artistic issues and leans toward film makers who have an eye on going to film school or breaking into the indie film market.

Both are organised by Scandinavian enthusiasts, but both cater well for English speakers.

Both deserve your interest and support. As fewer of us get involved with traditional clubs, the internet does offer a taste of the good parts of club membership without the danger of being elected secretary!
Of course you do miss the tea-and-biscuits and the friendship ...

Dave
FILM THURSO

Post by FILM THURSO »

Ideally speaking we are looking at audience numbers when it comes to getting a film seen. On youtube there are certainly lots of morons but morons exist in all quaters of the world. No matter where a film is shown there is likely to be a moron in the audience. Not only that, where ever people gather for anything there is likely to be a moron even in the world of serious film production. I'm sure everyone here knows a writer, director, actor, etc who is a moron. They are unfortunately as inevitable as death. I find that there is an easy way to deal with morons on youtube: set comments to be subject to approval and don't respond to any comment unless it's funny. Films are like ties, there are as many people who will hate your film as will like it but where would we be if we only listened to compliments?
Roy

Post by Roy »

Unfortunately we do not live in an ideal world. Everyone else I speak to agree that yes morons exist everywhere, but the percentage of morons who view youtube and make obscene comments is higher than any other source of video presentations. What they say has nothing whatsoever to do with the video production as such. By the way I call them morons out of politeness, most people use a stronger term to describe them.
I have to say also I make my comments after reading hundreds of comments. on other peoples videos on YouTube. Most of the videos are rubbish anyway and are not to be confused with serious NC video makers.
Hence the reason for advocating the use of Websites devoted to serious Film and video makers. Fortunately I don't get nasty unrelated remarks about my videos on YouTube and I am quite happy to have 1500 views on some of my efforts instead of the million or so watching a drunk on a cellphone . I suppose it takes all kinds.