How about an introduction?

IAC General Discussions
Souterman

Re: How about an introduction?

Post by Souterman »

Hi
My introduction to films was as a small boy at a local sheep dog trial ‘’ that was along time ago’’and seeing a couple going about with a box and pointing at what was going on around them. As time went bye a notice went up in the local village for folks to come along and see their efforts low and behold a wee boy came on the screen eating crisps this has stuck in my mind since then. The next time film entered my life was as a teenager a gentleman used to come up from London and stayed at the farm for his holidays. This chap was a watch maker down in London he certainly made great films. He took film then when he came back usually the next year he showed what he had taken this caused great excitement for us and many’s a laugh we had seeing ourselves going about the farm work also the dress sense and hair styles came in for comments. He even showed us going at 100mls an hour by speeding the film up. When I think back great days were had but it was all hard work but enjoyable non the less.The first camera that I managed to purchase was a shoulder mounted Sony that took 8mm tape. I heard on the local radio that a competition was being held in tthe Hawick Film and Video Groups clubrooms so went along thats when the bug really hit home. I simply thought that I could do better ‘’who’s said that before’’ so I joined the club. About that time the commadore computer came into the house this was pressed into making titles oh the thrill. the first film I made I got severely put down and rightly so but one thing that did annoy was being told my sound track was rubbish but after listening to the 8mm film and tape spluttering through I thought differently ‘’everyone to their opinions’’. Things have moved on from these days with the computer editing and the film medium. It will be interesting to see where it all leads to in years to come. At the moment I use an iMAC and a Canon HV20. I have been to UNICA 3 times including going to South Korea what a super time I had over there as has been the other 2. What a super bunch of friendly people one meets at these events just a pity more didn’t come along and join in and soak up the atmosphere. My best effort made a Silver Seal at BIAFF oh and I made the front page of the UNICA news no bad for an auld man. ho ho F
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

In case any of you missed it, this is Frank at UNICA in Tunisia - the cover picture for the latest issue of UNICA News magazine. (Whose full text and pictures you can find on the main website - follow UNICA in the left hand column index ...)

Dave
Souterman

Post by Souterman »

:lol: Time I lost some weight then maybe I would be able to keep up. F :roll:
Willy

Post by Willy »

Dave Watterson wrote:In case any of you missed it, this is Frank at UNICA in Tunisia - the cover picture for the latest issue of UNICA News magazine. (Whose full text and pictures you can find on the main website - follow UNICA in the left hand column index ...)

Dave
In Belgium people wonder if the Scots wear underpants under their kilts. Could you tell me, Frank ? Were you wearing underpants under your kilt in Tunisia ? I don't have any bad thoughts. I'm a very serious man.
Willy Van der Linden
Souterman

Post by Souterman »

Hi
All that you can see is what I was wearing as it was very hot in more ways than one. Ho ho ho. F
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

The question "What is worn under the kilt?" has two common answers:

"Socks"
and
"Nothing is worn ... it is all in perfect working order!"

Dave
Suziedave

Post by Suziedave »

Hi what a great idea Suzie :lol:

An introduction that is, not "what is worn under a kilt" :lol:
Last edited by Suziedave on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willy

Post by Willy »

What is worn under the kilt?
A haggis I think.
But, ... isn't that something different?
I apologize. I am not Scottish. I just remember the word "haggis".
Willy Van der Linden
Souterman

Post by Souterman »

Na Na the only thing to do with a haggis after His knife see rustic Labour dight, An' cut you up wi' ready sleight, is eat it lol
john ingham

Post by john ingham »

I wouldn't want to touch an haggis after its been up a kilt willy, that would be like having a black pudding stuffed in your underwear :shock: :mrgreen:
Keep trying, for one day you will get it right