Picture House Website Facelift

IAC General Discussions
FILM THURSO

Picture House Website Facelift

Post by FILM THURSO »

Our website is now undergoing a face lift. The main page has been completely changed. All our pages are still fully available but you will now have to scroll down through the list.
When the site was started we were on wind-up, oops, I mean dial-up but now for some time have been on rubberband (broadband) internet which has advanced so much recently allowing faster upload of multipul images and information to the website.
Over the coming months you will see new pages being added that repeat existing content. The reason for this is to replace earlier pages putting content from several pages into one to reduce the number of pages on the site. The list of pages has gotten big but a number of them don't actually have much on them so everything needs to be re-arranged.
We won't be removing any content, just shifting the furniture to let in more light! :D
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

We won't be removing any content, just shifting the furniture to let in more light!
I love that description!

It is a problem all webmasters have ... when you need to re-organise a long-established site people think you have deleted all the old material. When Atta Chui first revamped the IAC website a few years ago there were storms of protest that "my favourite page has gone". In fact nothing had gone - it was all more tidily arranged.

I look forward to seeing the complete revamp ...

Dave
Chrisbitz

Post by Chrisbitz »

you could post a link to your website too :-)
I like to make films, this is- my Youtube account. What's yours?

"all of the above is nothing more than nonsensical ramblings, and definately should NOT be misconstrued as anyone's official policy"
FILM THURSO

Post by FILM THURSO »

www.thursopicturehouse.piczo.com
scroll down! :D It's always been on our site.
peteb

Post by peteb »

It is a problem all webmasters have ... when you need to re-organise a long-established site people think you have deleted all the old material. When Atta Chui first revamped the IAC website a few years ago there were storms of protest that "my favourite page has gone". In fact nothing had gone - it was all more tidily arranged.
If you change the actual web page addresses you should look into URL rewriting.

It's a way of allowing people to use their existing links and favourites and automatically taking them to the new location.

It's also very important to use it for search engines as it tells them that the old content is still there and has just been moved to a new location.
www.s2f2.org.uk - Sefton Short Film Festival