Possible interest to Filmmakers??

IAC General Discussions
PMiddy

Post by PMiddy »

I wonder if there is any serious connection or just coincidence?
stingman

Post by stingman »

Don`t know....
But i`ve just noticed your Avatar Pete. The picture on the monitor is from your film Driftwood!

Cool 8) :lol:

Stingman
Ian Gardner
Film Maker
stingman

Post by stingman »

Pete, did you get my PM about your film. I don`t always know if it gets sent properly (computer stubborn sometimes!)

Stingman
Ian Gardner
Film Maker
PMiddy

Post by PMiddy »

Hey Ian. Great work - I've sent you a PM

Thanks again for your time and effort reviewing the film.
PMiddy

Post by PMiddy »

Oh and Ian,

Yes it is 'Driftwood' playing in the background on my Profile Pic!

It's the only material I've got at the minute!!
stingman

Post by stingman »

What editing Software did you use to edit it on? What model video camera did you use? Where did you get the bus from?
We want to know!

Stingman
Ian Gardner
Film Maker
PMiddy

Post by PMiddy »

Hi Ian,
I used a Panasonic GS400nv camera (3CCD) - these have come down in price now because they have a newer model now. This new model isn't as good in my opinion - it has a smaller viewfinder and the controls are 'fiddly' to operate.
Premiere 6.5 was my editing program. I could stand on my head and use that - I have looked at the Pro version and went back to 6.5! Haven't a clue!!
We stumbled across the bus whilst on a location shoot and I quickly re-wrote the story. Instead of having the dead bodies layed in a warehouse, I opted for the bus. Halfway through the shoot however, the bus was moved. We then had to write letters to various bus museums asking to borrow another. Ah, the joys of film making!!
stingman

Post by stingman »

Great stuff.
Premiere 6.5 is an excellent piece of kit. Very Powerful. When I was learning, I tried all the cheap editing programmes like Studio etc. I just could not work out what to do with them and found them hard to use.

I got a cheap price on Premiere Pro 1.5 on ebay. Installed it, and I was like a duck to water. An excellent programme. Even more powerful then 6.5. Instead of just one Transition track, you put the transition onto the actual frames. So one transition ends on one, and a different one can start the next. Excellent.
I have Premiere Pro 2 somewhere at home, but I tried to install it, but found my Computer Processor hasn`t got some inbuilt routine so I cannot upgrade it yet untill I upgrade my computer!

I loved you Commentary Track. That`s the way it`s meant to be done! With alot of technacal things on how the shots were filmed, what didn`t work, and basicly have a laugth while doing it. As i`ve said before on here, I wanted to listen to the Commentry track on Mission Impossible, but the Director is Chinees or whatever and I couldn`t understand what he was saying :shock: :lol: I just got a headacke!
Yours however was excellent. I`m glad I waited untill I had written my points before watching the commentry or my notes would have been three times as long :lol: :lol: :lol: ! Only Joking mate.

Be good, and hurry up on your next film. I cannot wait. Please do it a bit quicker :shock: :lol: 8)

Stingman
Ian Gardner
Film Maker
PMiddy

Post by PMiddy »

Thanks Ian.
It's a shame about the project really. As you will know after hearing the commentary, the original film was finished in 2005 and was all presented nicely on a DVD. Then the guy who offered to do all our props for nothing began demanding money from us. It was only fifty pounds but I thought, how much will it be next month and the month after that?? I decided to re-film 75% of the thing again with our own props - hence why it took so long to make. The snag was we originally had 4 commentary tracks. I did one of my own, then we had one with the two girls, one with 'Brian' - Co-Writer and Producer and also one of the killer.
"Brian" - played by Craig Murray is a professional stand-up comedian and his commentary blew everything out of the water. I must have watched it over and over again - But sadly, when the film had been re-filmed Craig had moved to London and we were unable to get him to do another track. The whole re-filming has made it worth while though. Your comments would have stretched a few pages if you'd have seen the original cut.
On another note, somebody has contacted me who has seen my work on Youtube and is offering me 1 of 3 feature length screenplays to film. He's stated that he will put up all the money and act as executive producer. I'm yet finding time to read the screenplays - But if one of them is worth spending a year of my life doing, I'll be doing it!
Cheers for now,
Pete
stingman

Post by stingman »

You have a PM Pete.

Stingman
Ian Gardner
Film Maker
fraught

Post by fraught »

PMiddy wrote:Thanks Film Thurso,
I did put the odd hour in here and there! The rundown sequence for example (featured near the end of the trailer) where the girl is being chased by the speeding car. I first filmed the victim running and spinning around to a stop and after the cut, I left the camera running. I then drove the car at about 70mph down the same stretch of road and blended the two scenes together.
Unhappy with the 'transparent' look. I was forced to cut around every single frame of the victim running with the basic 'Paint' program and I pasted her onto the road frame by frame - (75 frames - 3 seconds on-screen footage)
With a full time job during the day (Sadly not film related) - I was often oversleeping and was faced with getting sacked at one point! It's so easy to say to yourself, 'it's only 2.30am, lets do another frame!'
The 3 seconds seen in the trailer took me 3 weeks to achieve but I'm very proud of it!
Thanks again for the reply!
Pete
LOL! I know how you feel! I've recently been re-editing and cleaning up alot of my old films... and i've found myself doing loads of similar things... finding myself still working at 2am! Then up for 6.30am! Crazy... but fun!

Saw your stuff on YouTube! Looks great!
fraught

Post by fraught »

Re making your film Official, sometimes all it takes is to get it screened in the right places.

For example, even if your film is an amateur movie, get it shown in some Festivals, and you could find yourself with a spot on the IMDB.
PMiddy

Post by PMiddy »

Thanks Fraught,
I've always said - I've got more chance of getting this work noticed than winning the national lottery! It's not what you know, its who sees what you've done! Thanks for the post.

Hey guys!
A couple of new additions to the channel - (hence why I've been out of contact for a week)

Breaking Point - Short suicide flick!
I tried my best at a very serious 3 minute film - this is the result!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb75wc9Bx-c

Kinda Love - Spoof music video
Although I threw this together for Bedroom TV on Sky, I'm really impressed by my editing work (even if I do say so myself!)
I can't stop watching it but at least I'm admitting it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq7Uo4YOfLM

Cheers!
Pete
PMiddy

Post by PMiddy »

Hey thanks Fraught for the kind comments on my two new projects.
Cheers,
Pete