Help with transfer from Super VHS

IAC General Discussions
Peter

Help with transfer from Super VHS

Post by Peter »

Sorry about this, but I have a friend who would like a longer version of a film I made on DVD. Unfortunately I can only find a copy on Super VHS. I can't copy to VHS or SVHS as I only have one machine now.

I can't get the data into my computer as I dont have any sort of card fitted that has an SVHS (or VHS) input.

I suppose I could copy to my DV camera tape, but I'm not sure my camera works!! (I must give this a try though).

Have you real experts any ideas??

Thanks in anticipation.
Peter
stingman

Post by stingman »

Peter. I would go down the copying to Mini DV if your camera uses the MiniDv as In and Out. Capture this onto your computer and Put onto DVD or VHS.

Other ways are a bit longwinded and I don`t bother doing it the old way.

Hope this helps.

Others on here will have there way of doing it :shock: :) !

Let us know what you do.

Cheers.
Ian Gardner
Film Maker
billyfromConsett

Post by billyfromConsett »

We're a body of people who keep every kind of recording gear since 1927. You must know somebody with two Svcr's. Or you could get your friend to pay a for a duplication.

But this could be the spur you need- make a new version- nice and long :wink:
stingman

Post by stingman »

billyfromConsett wrote:We're a body of people who keep every kind of recording gear since 1927. You must know somebody with two Svcr's. Or you could get your friend to pay a for a duplication.
Your have to upgrade oneday :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They don`t use candles in there projectors now!!! They are electric! What`s that you ask? :shock:
Do they have electric in Consett? There`s a Consett on the BBC tonight. Last night of the Proms :lol:
Ian Gardner
Film Maker
billyfromConsett

Consett's on the tv all the time....

Stabbings, muggings, infact our local college offers courses on it, with local lecturers...
stingman

Post by stingman »

Heh Billyfromconsett. Is your Avatar a self portrate :lol:
Is it like looking in a mirror :) :)
We might have an imposter on this forum who`s much brighter then all of us, and is a dog :lol: :lol:
Ian Gardner
Film Maker
billyfromConsett

stingman wrote:Heh Billyfromconsett. Is your Avatar a self portrate :lol:
Is it like looking in a mirror :) :)
Hey I'll report you to a moderator for cheek like that.

Anyhow can you see on my pic that I'm smiling. That means I've just wee wee'd where I shouldn't have. I'm like that.

It was a boxer pup that killed my alsatian - got stuck in it's throat.

Ooh we're off topic - sorry Peter.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Thanks for all your answers. Much appreciated. Just to let you know that I found a DV tape with the very item on it - so I have plugged my DV camera (which still seems to work OK) into the old computer and I'm merrily copying away to the hard drive. Next step - a DVD!!

I hope my friend will be thrilled with the seven year old footage of our visit to him in Poland, from 2000. (I'm sure he will, and he will soon be playing it on his big screen through his video projector in New Zealand - lucky blighter!!)

This will spur me on to back up a lot of DV footage and maybe to even start shooting video again! You never know, stranger things have happened. You had better watch out Michael, I might be making a blockbuster in competition with you!
Peter