IAC General Discussions
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

thank you Ned ... thank you !... someone who also thinks on the lines on the e-mags...

The AMPS newsletter is great in pdf format as it allows it to be read at anytime anywhere... it is on my mobile phone, PDA and PC (mobi and PDA are always on me !!)

I do not wish for one second to decry the work done at the present time ... some of the articles are absolutely top notch and as good as any professional mag... but if the new technology helps the job along no problems here in receiving my copy as a pdf file... How much does a copy of FVM cost to print I wonder?

I also feel incredibly guilty at times at not contributing to the FVM.
What can I contribute?
what do I know about this wonderful hobby of ours, that would interest others?...
but after reading the writing on the wall (pun intended!) I feel the time has come to get something done.

I'm working on a couple of articles!!

as mentioned before though it would be interesting to hear the response from the big manufacturers in their support for us either by contributing articles or placing ads for the FVM... not just as a revenue exercise but as a publication that the big boys want to be associated with....
that would send a clear message to all that we are an organisation pretty serious about what we do... that have many talents amongst the membership and are a truely great bunch of people and ..oh yes nearly forgot!.... capable of some stunning film making !!!...

we may be amat... amateu... ahem... non commercial film makers but there's some great stuff made by the IAC membership!

soooo..... lets have some for the FVM !!!!!

oooo... now that feels better !!!
Stephen

Film making is not a matter of Life and Death
It's much more important than that.
tom hardwick

Post by tom hardwick »

Have you all had a look at the IOV's 'Focus' mag? It's good. They get a ton of adverts and as such they get lots of kit to test. I've written for them in the past and as with FVM it's zero payment.

So I've often wondered if we couldn't join forces with them in some way - having the 'IAC PAGES' in the middle, something like that. Any thoughts?

tom.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Many thanks for that Tom

I've subscribed to IOV Focus magazine on just reading the sample download ...

now that's what I call a film makers publication !

jam packed with info !!!

great stuff

:D :D
Stephen

Film making is not a matter of Life and Death
It's much more important than that.
stingman

Post by stingman »

I myself tend to skip through all the gumph about who took who`s job in the IAC and stuff about how a club meet went (boring!). I go for the HD stuff and how people have actualy got on with gear and how they made there films. THIS is more better for us because we learn more and it`s interesting.

Be good....

Stingman
Ian Gardner
Film Maker
Brian Saberton

Post by Brian Saberton »

But isn't variety the spice of life? FVM is the only national outlet we have for news of what the clubs are doing and I would hope that the club pages help to give them some publicity. OK, I admit to being biased but I enjoyed reading the club pages even before I started writing Scottish Scene. I do agree though that it's always interesting to hear about how other film makers have made their films and the problems they have encountered and overcome.
Brian Saberton
stingman

Post by stingman »

I take your point Brian. Everyone to themselves. I like things, you like different things. Luckly FMV almost covers it all. But not quite yet...........

Be good.......

Stingman
Ian Gardner
Film Maker