One from the USA

Post a film and invite friendly comment from fellow enthusiasts. (This is a moderated forum.) See notes under "Forum" on the IAC website for details of how to use it.
ned c

One from the USA

Post by ned c »

Latest production by The Space Between; shot with a Panasonic HDC-SD100 in HD 1920x1080 60i with an Audiotechnica short shot gun fed into a Beachtek XLR. Edited with FCP7; color correction in Color. Compressed and loaded to Vimeo using VideoStudio X5. Lapsed time from start to finish 10 months!! (we all aged along the way).

Comments welcome

Thanks

ned c
john ingham

Re: One from the USA

Post by john ingham »

really enjoyed that Ned ..i think i need a film crew :D
Keep trying, for one day you will get it right
tom hardwick

Post by tom hardwick »

A couple of things Ned, though must say I've only watched a bit of it so far. Scenes seem to be held that little bit too long. Car leaves frame and we need the cut to the interior to happen sooner. And the driver's pov shot when we first see the hitch-hiker is taken out of the car's rear passenger seat window which seems all wrong when combined with the following conversational shots through the front side window.

Looked a hot shoot though!

tom.
ned c

Post by ned c »

Thanks Tom; yes that POV shot from the rear seat definitely wrong. Shot length; if we re-cut this the shots would be tightened but surprisingly it went through two "final" cuts where most of the shots were tightened.

Appreciate the comments;

ned c