Post a film and invite friendly comment from fellow enthusiasts. (This is a moderated forum.) See notes under "Forum" on the IAC website for details of how to use it.
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:17 am
Location: Norwich, Norfolk, UK


Post by Storyteller »

[This interesting topic seems better suited to the Clubs & General Issues forum and so has been moved there. - Moderator.]

On the BBFC website,, the following advice appears:

"The Video Recordings Act (VRA) defines the supply of DVDs as ‘supply in any manner, whether or not for reward, and therefore, includes supply by way of sale, letting on hire, exchange or loan’ [Section 1(4)]. It is therefore clear that hiring out video works in a library is covered by the Act. There is no concession to ‘educational’ communities such as schools."

As a 'lay' person, this says to me that films we make for viewing by anyone apart from ourselves personally should have a BBFC classification, as the Act applies to video tape and disc recordings of films which are provided on loan or by way of gift.

Surely there must be an exception for amateur films?