Adice needed re selling video items.

A warm welcome to all. Here we talk about films, which people put onto YouTube or Vimeo and embed here. The idea is to allow useful, friendly discussion.
tatieash

Adice needed re selling video items.

Post by tatieash »

Could anybody tell me the best place to advertise video items for sale, i.e. magazines, newspapers etc? Ebay want to charge me £40 for listing a Casablanca S2000 Bogart Editor, and that's before PayPal takes its whack!!! Has anyone ever tried to sell an item through the IOV Forum magazine? I'd be very interested in hearing members' experiences.
tom hardwick

Re: Adice needed re selling video items.

Post by tom hardwick »

If you're an IAC member you can advertise free in the FVM and also on this very website. I've found the former better than the latter. There's also a free classified section over at dvdoctor.net, and this has proved excellent - it's read by a lot of people. £40 does sound a lot for ebay - are you including a lot of photos?

tom.
tatieash

Post by tatieash »

Tom,

Thank you for the excellent advice. I really appreciate it. Ebay's charge is £40 without ANY photos! Then you have to use a Paypal account to receive the payment and they take another £10-£12! What a ripoff.
Thanks again.
tatieash

Post by tatieash »

Tom, Sorry to be a pain but what does FVM stand for?
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

FVM = Film & Video Maker magazine. This is available only to members of IAC the film + video institute ... whose website and forum this is.
tatieash

Post by tatieash »

Tom, thank you again for your help. I have decided to join the IAC Institute today !
tom hardwick

Post by tom hardwick »

Excellent! Welcome aboard. See if you can get some back copies of FVM (now you know what it is) by talking to Pam at head office. admin@theiac.org.uk