Most useful cards for SD900

A warm welcome to all. Here we talk about films, which people put onto YouTube or Vimeo and embed here. The idea is to allow useful, friendly discussion.
pete phillips

Most useful cards for SD900

Post by pete phillips »

Could anyone recommend the most useful cards for a newcomer to purchase recording to an SD card for the first time, on the Panasonic SD900. There seems to be a bewildering choice !
Thanks. Pete
ned c

Re: Most useful cards for SD900

Post by ned c »

I have an earlier version of the Panasonic and have used both Class 4 and Class 10 SDHC cards satisfactorily. I use Sandisk cards 8GB 16GB and 32 GB and have not had any problems. The only other makes I have used are Verbatim 16 GB and Panasonic 8 GB (came with the camera) both without problems. I use an inexpensive card reader for loading into the computer although my new computer has a built in card reader that works fine, hope this helps

ned c
tom hardwick

Re: Most useful cards for SD900

Post by tom hardwick »

Pete - you can use practically any card you like in the SD900 - as long as it's class 4 and higher.
I use 16gb Transcend Class 10 (they seem to have stopped making the class 4s) and I hear good reports about 7dayshop's 16 gb cards which are amazingly good value for money.

tom.