Spinning Head.

A warm welcome to all. Here we talk about films, which people put onto YouTube or Vimeo and embed here. The idea is to allow useful, friendly discussion.
stingman

Spinning Head.

Post by stingman »

Hello Guys,
Another request for help. I can do it but I`m pulling my hair out!

The Interviewer (Previous Thread) was done by my mate who works for himself as a Washing Machine engineer. I`m going to add a Spoof `Sponsored By` bit at the beginning (he doesn`t know this!) Spoof on him as well (it`s great to be an editor isn`t it! So much power!. Anyway..........

I`m going to have his head spinning round and round in the washing machine. It will only be like clock hand or the washing you see. I`ve tried it using `Rotate`, but because I`ve realigned it all, it doesn`t rotate on itself, but goes around the screen and even off of it. I`ve played about with the `Anchor`, but it doesn`t make it as good as I want. I want it like a car wheel going round, but in the same place.

Be good guys.

Stingman
Ian Gardner
Film Maker
billyfromConsett

Post by billyfromConsett »

I hope we'll all see this cracker in Biaff.

I'd make a still with his head in it. Use a photo app to get the head and nothing else.

Import the head still image on video line two, then use the rotate tool to line it up spinning where you want it.

The joke probably won't wash, but if you must, that's how.
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

Ian -
I am guessing you have a shot of the washing machine on one track and a shot of the chap's head on the track above, which you have adjusted so that the head is in the right place and about the right size.

If that is so ... then turn off the lower track, or delete it temporarily, and export the top track only as a short AVI video clip.

You should then be able to put the washing machine back on the bottom track, put the new clip on the track above and apply rotate to it.

I often find it necessary to render out effects one part at a time like this otherwise there are too many variables and a simple slip can muck up the whole thing.

Failing that Billy's notion of using a still is good.

Either way I'd try to put in the odd bit of washing spinning round too - occasionally flying in front of his face ... there's a challenge!

Dave
stingman

Post by stingman »

Cheers guys. Some good ideas but I have tried both. While using the `Rotate`, instead of getting it to rotate in the same place, it still rotates off axis! Isn`t it a pain when you know it SHOULD work one way, but it doesn`t!

I`ll try again this afternoon.

I like the washing in front of face idea! It won`t be to difficult, as long I can actually get it spinning properly!

Cheers guys.....

Be good...

Stingman
Ian Gardner
Film Maker
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

Ian - how about printing a still frame of the head
sticking it on a green card
taping the card to an old record-player
filming that spinning
then dropping it back into the editor and use chroma-key to leave just the head spinning?

Dave
stingman

Post by stingman »

Ah..... Dave. THAT IS a good idea. I may just to that! I`ve got the green card, I`ve got something to spin it with. I may just have to do that. Great thinking brains, and all that!

Cheers, i`ll let you all know how I get on. Sometimes there is always a basic way to do stuff. Now all I`ll have to do is get some printer ink for my printer. It`s ALWAYS empty!.

Thanks and be good...........

Stingman
Ian Gardner
Film Maker