When Hard became Easy!

A warm welcome to all. Here we talk about films, which people put onto YouTube or Vimeo and embed here. The idea is to allow useful, friendly discussion.
stingman

When Hard became Easy!

Post by stingman »

Dear Filmmakers,

The latest Competition at my club (which was handed in last night, which is to be held two weeks time) is the Open Competition. A max 12 minute with anything going (almost) :oops: :lol:

The film I chose to make was about my Tropical Fish. It was a quick edit of two days, finishing on the day of handing in!!!

Anyway, I like to do something new in each of my films, it makes the members watching say `Wow`, it stops them getting bored while watching and it also gives them ideas for there films.
I chose to do my titles differently. I wanted a fish swimming across the screen, gradually exposing the titles. While not being able to plant titles into the tank (This I have just thought of and would be cool, but I`m not explaining it better as I don`t want to give you ideas!) I had to do it the hard way.

I thought long and hard and chose to use `mattes` or `maskes`. It took me two hours to come to the conclusion that doing it this way wasn`t working for me. I looked into it again.

The way I did it was to crop the Title Layer and as the fish moves across the screen, gradually move the crop via Keypoints to get it perfact. By adding a bit of edge-feather and other bits and pieces, it looks quite good.

My point to all this (and to keep your attention on me ;-))) is that sometimes we think that something will be really hard, and therefore think up a really hard way to do something, when in fact there is a really easy way of doing the same job in about 5 minutes!!!!!

Be good and don`t do it the hard way. There WILL be an easier way to do the job.

Stingman
Ian Gardner
Film Maker
Suziedave

Re: When Hard became Easy!

Post by Suziedave »

Very Interesting, I like it when people share ideas. :lol: