Trouble using Bluescreen movie maker, PLEASE HELP!!!

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Noodlecat

Trouble using Bluescreen movie maker, PLEASE HELP!!!

Post by Noodlecat »

11th July 2010
3pm

Hi! I am a new member to this site and I have just applied for membership to the junior IAC. I have been using a bluescreen with windows movie maker for windows xp and I thought it was going really well....

That was until this happened, parts of my body like my hair, my nose, my eyes, ect, seemed to be see-through when I tried using a black top to make myself look invisible on camera.This was because this unknown mishap also occurred in the black top I was wearing in a previous video and I thought it was genuinely just another technique and tried it in one other test video. :mrgreen: Obviously it didn't happen in real life-(Ha-Ha, it's a bad joke!)-just once I'd edited it.

But this also happened without the black top, but most of the time when it happens it's only when I'm up close to the camera.....

I need suggestions, or even better, answers!!!I'm making a half an hour film and I need to know what to do and what it is as soon as possible!!! (ASAP)

Your's Sincerly,
Jesse Robinson (Age Nine, nearly Ten) :D :D :D
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Dave Watterson

Re: Trouble using Bluescreen movie maker, PLEASE HELP!!!

Post by Dave Watterson »

Hi Jesse

Welcome to the forum. You've surprised me ... not because a 9-year-old is making blue-screen movies, that's just cool ... but because I did not know Windows Moviemaker could do blue screen.

I have just looked at the two versions of Moviemaker I have and cannot see how you do that. Can you give me some clues ... then I can research your problem.

Until then ...

It is important to make the "vanishing colour" something that does not appear anywhere else. So if your hair and eyes were the same black as the t-shirt, then they would vanish when you make the t-shirt disappear. In fact anything black would vanish.

On some editing systems you can control exactly which shade of the colour is to vanish, so you could vanish your dark blue t-shirt but not lose your light-blue shorts, for example.

We'll do our best to help ... just explain exactly what you are doing. We may learn something useful too.

Dave
Noodlecat

Re: Trouble using Bluescreen movie maker, PLEASE HELP!!!

Post by Noodlecat »

Hi Dave,

thanks for replying!

Ok, getting down to business,
the first thing I did was to go on to "youtube"!
Next I noticed a video or tutorial about, "how to use bluescreen in windows movie maker", so I clicked on it.
Then when I watched the video, it told me to look in the description, so I did.
The reason why it told me to look in it was because in the description was a link to a website, and yet again, I clicked on it.
I was took to the website and i figured I had to copy all the weird codes and writing there, which was easy as dropping a water balloon off the eiffel tower, which sounds like a lot of fun, but............
Once I'd done that, the video told me to paste the weird writing to notepad, which I did.
Then save it in a folder called AddOnTFX, documents and settings, program files, C
I did that, and then I went on to windows movie maker, and imported my videos, complete with essential kit, an old, used, blue, towel.Then I went into video transitions, and found there was now a transition for bluescreen.
It was litterally called "Bluescreen".
I dragged that down into my transitions bar, that is after sliding the two videos together so it has the fade transition.(Tip-when you choose your background video or picture, make sure you put it in front of your bluescreen video)
After that I finally dragged the bluescreen option down and played my video, it had worked!!!

Jesse Robinson :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :D :) :) :) =)