Blu-ray burner and suitable BD-re discs

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Roy

Blu-ray burner and suitable BD-re discs

Post by Roy »

Hi. I have just purchased an LG GGW-H20L Blu-ray burner and am looking around for a reliable BD-re disc in order to play around with the burner. I have read a review of Infiniti blank BD-re discs and a reviewer claimed that these discs will not work with his LG GGW-H20L burner. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone recommend a BD-re blank disc that will definately work with this LG Burner?
I've just remembered another question. Does anyone know if the Blu-ray player LG BD-370 will play back BD-re discs to a TV. I am thinking of buying this model but a biggish retailer who is selling these, couldn't give me an answer as they say they haven't got means to burn one to find out. thanks Roy
Michael Slowe

Re: Blu-ray burner and suitable BD-re discs

Post by Michael Slowe »

Roy, one of the best DVD brands is Verbatim which I have used for year following advice from Tom Hardwick. I am just starting with Blu-Ray and am using Verbatim's BD-R 25Gb discs which I'm sure will prove as good as their SD counterpart.

Of course Blu-Ray players will play to a TV provided you can connect via HDMI. The TV has to be HD enabled for the Blu-Ray to be received and will have the right input. I believe all the BD players (and I know the Sony, Panasonic and Sanyo do) will upscale SD DVD's for viewing on HD screens. This is a very nice feature if you can't, or don't want to make BD discs.

Others will also certainly add their comments to this thread!
Geoff Addis

Re: Blu-ray burner and suitable BD-re discs

Post by Geoff Addis »

I haven't had any problems with Verbatin's BD disks, either recording or playing back on Sony or Panasonic Bluray players.

Geoff