Double 8mm Processing?

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Graeme Spurr

Double 8mm Processing?

Post by Graeme Spurr »

Hi everyone,

I recently filmed some Double 8mm Kodakrome II, on an Eumig C3, and I'm wondering if there are any places that will develop (and possibly digitise) the film?

Thanks in advance!

Graeme.
Dave Watterson

Re: Double 8mm Processing?

Post by Dave Watterson »

The best resource I know for all cine information is:

http://www.burycine.org.uk/cinealive/index.html

which is run by Bury Cine Society. Click on SEARCH and off you go. There seem to be some places offering processing.
Graeme Spurr

Post by Graeme Spurr »

Thanks Dave, much appreciated!
granfer

Post by granfer »

Graeme,
For your, and everybody's, information there is NOWHERE in the entire world where Kodachrome of ANY type can be processed to yield a true colour result. Kodak withdrew the supply of chemicals for the process at the end of last year and the last remaining lab, Dwayne's in America closed its service after processing all films received by that time.

At the very best, there are places that offer processing to black and white, but how good the result is is any body's guess.
Graeme Spurr

Post by Graeme Spurr »

Thanks Granfer,

I had checked last night and seen this, how unfortunate! I think there are places, which will attempt processing but there is only a 75% chance of success and, as you say, it's only in black and white.