The KGM Cinecorder - tape sync. deck

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
ralphs9a

The KGM Cinecorder - tape sync. deck

Post by ralphs9a »

Anyone left who remembers the KGM Cinecorder of the late 1950s to mid 1960s?
It provided sophisticated valve electronics and extra transport mechanisms based around the BSR tape deck for very efficient compilation and recording in sync with film projectors and sync playback.
You'd think there would be plenty online about it these days but there is one fleeting mention of the recorder - and that's on a German website too!
(Otherwise I think my Flickr photos will be found and an appeal for information on UKScreen which so far has brought no replies)
I would be delighted to get a copy of the instructions and/or service sheet, very delighted to hear from anyone who ever used one and intensely delighted to hear from anyone who was involved with the KGM company.
ralphs9a

Re: The KGM Cinecorder - tape sync. deck

Post by ralphs9a »

Replying to myself but thanks to the 20 viewers to date of this post!
I hope you'll look in again because info. is begining to trickle in from the redoubtable Gragame Newnham, not only of Group 9.5 but of Buckingham Film Services too.
He has every weekly issue from 1961 onwards of Amateur Cine World magazine!
What a resource, one I was hoping to find online earlier in this search and one that desperately needs to be.
How could this be done and funded?
I shall post more info when I get it from Grahame (who due to computer problems at present is semnding me photocopies)
ralphs9a

Post by ralphs9a »

A second reply to myself to report that thanks to the excellent Grahame Newnham I now have a photocopied test report of the Cinecorder originally published in Amateur Cine World in 1963.
I would still like to get an instruction manual and be delighted to be put in touch with anyone who used a Cinecorder or who worked for the KGM company who made it.
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

I am glad people who could help got in touch.
Our hobby often seems to include compulsive hoarders who have box-rooms full of old magazines, manuals and kit. Their partners probably curse that, but for other enthusiasts they are a godsend.

Dave