Verbatim

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Roy1

Verbatim

Post by Roy1 »

I've just tried a Verbatim BD-RE disc to burn an HDV programme. My LG burner won't read it so I can't burn the video from Vegas Movie Studio 10. My LG blu-ray player won't recognise it either a message just says disc error. Has anyone else had a Verbatim BD-RE failure. I thought that they were one of the best and at a cost of £7 I can't afford such failures. I have had great success in placing Bluray quality onto standard DVD's using a bluray burner and maybe I should stick to this procedure and forget Blu-ray discs. :(
tom hardwick

Re: Verbatim

Post by tom hardwick »

Roy - a lot of people write to me. Here's an email I received just last week:

"Verbatium gave me problems strangely! Written about 50 TRAXDATA so far. No returns. APR Media in Somerset - TRAXDATA BD-R work well in my LG Blu-ray burner. Just a few quid each: for a single layer 25GB BD-R. They are full face IJ printable but suggest write at x2 and not x4 as on the box ..."

I'd return the Verbatim to the supplier - it sounds as if there's a few faulty blanks out there.

tom.