Problems with sound loss ?

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
cozmoss

Problems with sound loss ?

Post by cozmoss »

I am using Pinnacle Ultimate and having just completed a redit on an earlier shoot, wich I shot using two difrent cameras, one the sony DCR-HC1000E and a full size super vhs one. I seem to loosing sgments of sound on the shots taken with the sony. Is this becose it records in stereo ? The sound Is perfect until I burn to disc (make movie) then comes the problem, any Idea's ? plesae :)
tom hardwick

Re: Problems with sound loss ?

Post by tom hardwick »

So the sound off the Sony tape is fine if you simply rewind the tape and press play? In which case having it recorded in stereo isn't the cause of your problem.

You say, 'burn to disc'. Do you mean after making a DVD of the film, the sound then has dropouts? Is the DVD player or its cable connectors at fault?

I think you'll have to be far more accurate with your information if we're to help in this - we'll need a description of your equipment, working methods, hardware and software and exactly what it is you're hearing.

tom.