SERIAC Film Festival

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
TimStannard

SERIAC Film Festival

Post by TimStannard »

Saturday April 5th. Anyone going?
Whilst my club, Staines Video Makers, is North Thames, I live south of the river which means I have dual nationality (regionality?). Whilst I've had quite a lot to do with SERIAC Clubs - many of whom regularly visit us for our Inter Club Competition - and have even been honoured to judge the Albany competition a couple of years back, I've never attended the annual festival. I must say the fact that every film submitted is NOT automatically shown comes as a bit of a relief.
Looking forward to it.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
Mike Shaw

Re: SERIAC Film Festival

Post by Mike Shaw »

It is a great Festival Tim - always very friendly- and this year, half price thanks to the IAC - just £5 for around 25-30 films plus a great buffet meal - which has become a permanent feature of the festival.

They usually try to show all the Festival winners, and then balance the programme with others from all the entries.

And, I heard on the grape vine that Enid is (probably) being shown, so .... :-)

Of all the festivals, it is my favourite I think - and in a good location for films too - a small 'oast house' theatre with raked seats.

If you don't have a ticket yet, I suggest you email Freddy Beard and reserve one - <beardfreddy at gmail.com> (change the address to the 'real' thing of course!). Or if you go to the OVFM.org.uk or the SERIAC website you'll find her phone number - as secretary.

See you there!
TimStannard

Re: SERIAC Film Festival

Post by TimStannard »

Mike Shaw wrote:And, I heard on the grape vine that Enid is (probably) being shown, so .... :-)
Great, I'm only at BIAFF on the Sunday so will miss it there.
Mike Shaw wrote: If you don't have a ticket yet, I suggest you email Freddy Beard and reserve one
Already done.
See you Saturday.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it