PORTRAITS

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
Dave Watterson

PORTRAITS

Post by Dave Watterson »

Many festivals now ask you to include some stills from your film, notes for the brochure ... and a portrait of yourself as the film maker. As film judges Jan and I receive similar requests for portrait pictures.

What is worse they all want portraits in a large enough size and quality to reproduce well in print.

We don't routinely take such images when we are out and about or on holiday. Yes, we appear in each other's photos but as part of a landscape or a group of people. The odd times when we have tried to pose for portraits we hate all the results.

Any hints / tips? How do you deal with such requests?
tom hardwick

Re: PORTRAITS

Post by tom hardwick »

Howzabout I bring my perfect prime to the BIAFF judging and I can do a production line job on us all.
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

Lovely idea ... but we are trying to avoid the judging weekend this season - we find it stressful!
col lamb

Post by col lamb »

No doubt the cost will be at a very resonable rate and include an IAC discount :lol:
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
tom hardwick

Post by tom hardwick »

The best possible price, Col: free.
Lee Prescott

Post by Lee Prescott »

:roll:
Hey Dave, never mind these technical types, how about I have a gander through the "old" fotahs from way back in the great days of The Cotswold I.F.V.F ? There are a number of you I recall "in performance" and I'm sure The Lady Hilda would select something zippy- you'd look Younger too!!!

Cheers:::: LEE. :lol: