No room at the inn!

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
TimStannard

Re: No room at the inn!

Post by TimStannard »

May I add my good wishes too, Willy. Unlike Ian, I did get to meet you, last year on the BIAFF Sunday where you activly sought me out as a friend made on this forum. This is just another example of what a true gentleman you are.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
fraught

Post by fraught »

Sadly i can't guarantee being their this year which i'm gutted about. I was hoping to spend more time chatting to everyone this year. Last year i had to leave early sadly.

I hope i can make it!
Only Boring People Get Bored
http://www.fraught.net
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

We hope so too ... but there is always next year in Bedford ...
fraught

Post by fraught »

Fingers crossed!

Speak of BIAFF... incase it's not mentioned anywhere else, does anyone know when the results will be published? I haven't had time to scour the Forums to see if the question has been asked/answered?
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

I understand that results are being posted to entrants now, so you should hear very soon.

The Competition Officer wants most entrants to get the results before he releases them online. I would expect to see them on the IAC website in a week or ten days.

Dave
Willy

Post by Willy »

Many thanks for your very kind words my friends. Every other day I call Julien who wanted to accompany me. As you know he is seriously ill. Julien also attended BIAFF at Harrogate and Weymouth. He is the main character in my film "Mon Petit Bonhomme". Of course, he too, was looking forward to going to Chesterfield.

I am still moonfaced (cortisone). Last year some friends didn't recognize me. I felt embarrassed. But not it seems that there is some progress now.

A pity that I won't be able to go to England in April. It always gives a nice feeling to be in Kent in springtime. And it's not so far from us. It's like taking a breath of fresh air. "Oh to be in England now that April is there!" (John Keats) and "I wander'd lonely as a cloud. That floats on high o'er vales and hills. When all at once I saw a crowd. A host of golden daffodils." (William Wordsworth). Maybe I have already sent you these verses. And maybe you know these verses better than I do. I remember that Ian even moved from France into England again after having read these verses (of course I'm joking). Anyway I know that he, too, loves Britain and its countryside. My favourite TV-programme ? Do you know "Escape to the Country"? It's about buying properties in England. I always recognize the areas.

Hopefully I will be able to walk again at a normal speed in the near future. A dream : having a walk again from Trafalgar Square to Westminster Abbey, through St. James's Park (with its squirrels, pelicans and daffodils) to Buckingham Palance, through Green Park, seeing the Wellington Arch, through High Park and listening to a man standing on a soap box at Speakers' Corner. London is unique. "When a Man is Tired of London He is Tired of Life" (Samuel Johnson). It's strange that I have not seen so many films about London at BIAFF yet. Of course, I remember the fantastic films made by John Astin. The documentary about that tunnel under the River Thames for instance or the one about the City of London (The Tower, All Hallows', etc...).

Actually I am jealous now. I will all miss you. "A la perchoine!" (Guernsey language). It means: See you at Bedford or hopefully even earlier !
Willy Van der Linden
fraught

Post by fraught »

Just got my results. :)
Ian Woodward

Post by Ian Woodward »

To Willy: I addressed a posting to you on this forum thread on 12 March (2:50 pm). In your last posting you write: “I remember that Ian even moved from France into England again after having read these verses (of course I'm joking). Anyway I know that he, too, loves Britain and its countryside.”

Is your reference to “Ian” here connected in any way to my 12 March posting? If it is, I am not that Ian! I’ve been resident in England all my adult life. If you were not suggesting that the “other Ian” has anything to do with me, then please forgive my unfounded presumption!

Oh to be in England
Now that April's there...

Lovely opening lines by Robert Browning, not Keats!

But then, how many poems by Belgian poets could I recite from the top of my head on this forum? Exactly!

Good to see that your film, Marc Remembers Sarah, is being screened at BIAFF on the Saturday...and even better to learn that you are on the mend.

Ian Woodward

[Editor: I ought to have caught this when Willy posted it ... he is thinking of Patrick Woodcock or Patriq as he was known for a time on these forums.]
Willy

Post by Willy »

Yes, sorry Ian. My apologies. Woodward-Woodcock... I was confused. I met Patrick some years ago at the British festival. It will be Patriq who lived in Villeneuve (France) for some time.
And indeed: It is Robert Browning who wrote "Oh to be in England now that April is there!" John Keats wrote: "A Thing of Beauty is a Joy Forever".
I hope I will meet you in Bedford next year, Ian.

I hope I can see your "Red Rose" musical fantasy (5 stars) one day. Congratulations to you.
I don't have a plaster round my right leg anymore (torn Achilles tendon)... Yesterday I did some camerawork for my BIAFF-film 2014. I could do it while sitting on a chair. Today I have already ridden 6km on my hometrainer. There is some progress.
Willy Van der Linden
Ian Woodward

Post by Ian Woodward »

Willy, my surname is often incorrectly spelt by others as Woodard, Woodyard, Woodwood, so Woodcock isn’t all that far off and no apologies needed!

I mentioned your BIAFF film Marc Remembers Sarah and I totally overlooked your 5-star awarded film My Mellow Little Fellow which will screened at BIAFF’s Award Winners’ Show on the Sunday. Well done and congratulations.

Good to hear that you’ve started work on your BIAFF 2014 film. I envy you and wish I could produce more than one film a year but restraints on time in other areas of my life – not least the family! - make this impossible. I’ll hopefully be starting work on another film in the summer, but that’ll be it: my one and only movie for the year “in the can”.

Ian