Some royalty free music that sounds like Larry Adler

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
billyfromConsett

Some royalty free music that sounds like Larry Adler

Post by billyfromConsett »

I've been asked to provide some overlay music for an old car and motorbike rally event, music that sounds a bit like Larry Adler from the 1950's.
For those like me who doesn't know his work, well from what I heard he does harmonica moderate tempo upbeat style music.

Anyone know of something that I could buy and use? I will be selling the movies to cover costs of making the movie.
Dave Watterson

Re: Some royalty free music that sounds like Larry Adler

Post by Dave Watterson »

They are suggesting Adler because his music was used throughout the film Genevieve in 1953, which dealt with the London to Brighton "old crocks" car race and so it feels right for a vintage rally.

Try Bama Country from Kevin McLeod on the incomparable http://www.incompetech.com

He charges nothing but does require a credit. Naturally a donation is always welcome! Kevin has a couple of other pieces with harmonica in them but they are slow blues.

-Dave
billyfromConsett

Re: Some royalty free music that sounds like Larry Adler

Post by billyfromConsett »

Thanks Dave - yep the guy running the event asked me if had seen the movie Genevieve - I have seen some clips of it maybe - and that is the kind of music that is preferred. I told him about what I'm not allowed to do with music, but I guess he feels it's my problem to find the music.

I've listened to the track and I'll use it, and at least give credit to Kevin.