UNICA: DEUX MILLE DIX ?

A forum for sharing views on the art of film, video and AV sequence making as well as on competitions, judging and festivals.
Pqtrick

UNICA: DEUX MILLE DIX ?

Post by Pqtrick »

Did UNICA take place this year? Reading Nuneaton Moviemakers on line Newspage, by Gerry B, I see that they won for the UK the one minute competition with the film 'Just someone'. This he goes on to add, is the first time the UK has won this award.

I can recall the first UNICA I attended in Blankenberg in Belgium, when I returned home, I wrote an enthusiastic article about it which was featured on the IAC web page. Due to various circumstances, I have not managed to attend another one.

Can I conclude, that after someone’s first visit, that sort of enthusiasm wears off?
Dave Watterson

Re: UNICA: DEUX MILLE DIX ?

Post by Dave Watterson »

Usually it is the other way ... having tasted one UNICA you are keen to try more!
In your case you had other things on your mind like moving countries ... but future UNICAS are scheduled which might tempt you:

2011 Luxemburg
2012 Bulgaria
2013 South Korea
2014 either Austria or Slovakia

I am working on a web report about the excellent 2010 event right now. British film makers Ron Prosser ("Letters") and Phil Martin ("Sidewinder) won bronze medals this year.

As for the World Minute Movie Cup - yes, Nuneaton's "Just Someone" beat all the rest. Interestingly although the film depends on Alan Atkinson's super special effects, the audience were responding to the acting even more. I cannot offhand recall our winning that contest before, though we have had some excellent movies taking part.

Dave