replacement for Mitshubishi HC4000

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Peter Copestake

replacement for Mitshubishi HC4000

Post by Peter Copestake »

Our projector is letting us down, not the girlie pink cast of Dave's but stripes of red and blue chequer patter at one side and 2/3 way across a 16:9 frame. Appears after a variable time from a few minutes to not at all in 90 minutes.
We think a replacement is best option unless you know different.
Any suggestions?
Modern projectors (beamers) have very limited zoom - a nuisance when showing at different locations, so higher figure better, - blackout these days is poor but there seems to be no problem with brightness or contrast these days - contrast could even be too high, could it?
As we've just set up for USB separately that's not too important. Robust, as taken home after every show. Keystone and skew adjustments needed. Max cost say £500 -600
Optoma HD28 DSE looks good but ?fan noise.
Thanks in advance,
Peter
Peter Copestake
tom hardwick

Re: replacement for Mitshubishi HC4000

Post by tom hardwick »

In early 2014 I tested a most impressive Epson projector in my Positive Image pages. I see it's still available and might be worthy of your consideration.
Peter Copestake

Re: replacement for Mitshubishi HC4000

Post by Peter Copestake »

Sorry not to have responded, Tom, am waiting for someone to find a copy to get the model number, but thanks for the tip. One of the problems with these domestic-type projectors is the limited zoom as they seem to be made for fixing to ceilings a standard distance from a screen, whereas with public shows one tends to estimate the distance, find you've got it wrong and have to shuffle the projector around. I must get a suitable bit of string!
Peter.
Peter Copestake