Vegas Pro

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Roy1

Vegas Pro

Post by Roy1 »

Magix has just announced that there will be a Vegas Pro 14 at the end of September 2016 with many new features.
TimStannard

Re: Vegas Pro

Post by TimStannard »

... none of which i have any particular need for, but I'm happy just to know they will continue developing (and hopefully ironing out other bugs) so will contribute by buying the upgrade.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

A recent visit to the Czech Republic, where I met many fine film makers, reveals that a lot of them use this level of editing suite. The price of "renting" Adobe or buying Edius is steep enough for us in the U.K. Imagine what it is like for our creative counterparts in countries where the average income is well below ours.

As ever it is the mind of the film-maker which matters more than the equipment.
ned c

Post by ned c »

I moved from FCP7 to Vegas Pro 12; now 13 and am pleased with the work flow particularly the powerful sound editing built-in to Vegas, I will have a use for the native ProRes feature. I have a library of stored clips from FCP days in the ProRes codec and it is used in most external recorders. Provided Vegas stays out of the cloud I will stay with Vegas.

ned c