PREM CS6 PROBLEM

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Peter Stedman

PREM CS6 PROBLEM

Post by Peter Stedman »

Why do these things always happen to me? I have created a 40 minute sequence with lots of short edited clips and all is well . . till now . . Have just reloaded it and the audio on all the clips is shown apparently as off line. - well no sound is heard. The audio on the original clips is still fine of course. Any ideas please on this one.

Pete.
col lamb

Re: PREM CS6 PROBLEM

Post by col lamb »

Peter, you must be a reincarnation of Jonah ;-)

Check out the Adobe help system

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb ... e-pro.html

I had a similar problem a few years ago and for me that turned out to be the ASIO drivers, installing updated soundcard drivers fixed the problem. Do check out the article in full and bin any advice on the Adobe site that does not seem applicable.
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

Just to eliminate the obvious ... have you got the soundtrack turned on in the timeline?
Peter Stedman

Post by Peter Stedman »

Thank you both. Yes Dave, it's right to be reminded of the obvious but I certainly checked that.

I'm wading through the link you sent Col (a bit heavy going for me!) However, I have worked round it all by going back on the 'auto save' and all seems well at the moment. Recently I've been having various niggling problems with the prog and I'm beginning to wonder if re-installing might help.

A couple of years ago this had to be done and then there was another update to go with it and altogether it became a bit of a nightmare. Had to resort to the excellent after sales service from the makers of my PC - DVC. They have always been so very helpful.

I'll keep you posted if there is any info that might be relevant and of interest.

Thanks again. Pete.