EPSON PRINTER PROBLEM

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Roy1

EPSON PRINTER PROBLEM

Post by Roy1 »

I operate an Epson Stylist Photo R300 printer and have recently changed from Win XP to Win 7.64 bit. With XP everything worked perfectly but since installing the printer onto WIN 7 it only prints to paper. Print CD doesn't work. Ink Monitor doesn't display and printing progress doesn't show whilst printing is taking place. Does anyone know why this should be, is it a wrong driver or worse is this printer not meant to work with WIN 7? According to Windows it should do.
Last edited by Roy1 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
col lamb

Re: EPSON PRINTER PROBLEM

Post by col lamb »

Easily sorted.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/supp ... OSF_W_8-64

Windows 7 & 8 generally require that new drivers are installed and is common to most makes.

Downloading the drivers and utilities and installing them should get you sorted
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

I have engaged an expert (?) to try and install Epson R300 printer to PC using WIN7 64 bit. After six hours of trying he says that no driver is available to operate the system. Although Epson and Microsoft says there is. on the drop down list of drivers to select there is none there for Win7 64 bit. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced printer that is designed to work with Win 7 64 bit. As Microsoft intend to stop supporting Win 7 soon, I do not want to spend to much. I just need a printer that will print to paper and to CD/DVD disc.
col lamb

Post by col lamb »

Roy

Did you ignore my post advising of the download location?

There are Win 7 64 bit drivers plus CD software which is in the utilities.

I had the same problem a couple of years ago and the drivers worked with no problem.
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

COLIN. I never ignore what you tell me. We did try and follow your instructions but couldn't get anywhere with it.
col lamb

Post by col lamb »

Strange, I could see the drivers and via a seperate drop down the CD software utility.

I did not try to download them, but it does not surprize me you had issues as Epson can be fickle, I had problems with another printer. My Wifes Canon was worst to update to Win 7

Col
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

I have put the Epson R300 back on to its original home a PC with WIN. XP pro installed and it works perfectly. I have now bought a Canon all in one printer which is very happy to work with WIN. 7 on one of my other PC's. The only reason I put the R300 on the PC with WIn.7 is because the Win XP machine is no longer supported by Microsoft and it's ancient and so very slow in performing.