Reduced size image in You Tube.

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Peter Stedman

Reduced size image in You Tube.

Post by Peter Stedman »

A colleague has phoned with a query on You Tube. He is producing a short show-reel of himself and uploaded it to YT as ‘unlisted’ as it’s only in his planning stage at the moment. The video shows in YT with a large black border around the image. The image doesn't fill the YT screen.

He tells me that he is using the AVS Video editing prog. and that he is uploading to YT as a 16x9 WMV file. The original footage was HD. He is assuming he is has used incorrect settings for the upload. I realise that there are many types of HD and I know know nothing about all this. Can anyone advise on this please?

Pete.
tom hardwick

Re: Reduced size image in You Tube.

Post by tom hardwick »

Was this ever resolved Peter? YT have a very good page detailing how to upload footage for the best results, has your colleague read through that I wonder?
Peter Stedman

Re: Reduced size image in You Tube.

Post by Peter Stedman »

Thanks Tom for the follow up. I forwarded your comments to my colleague and here is his reply just received.
Thanks – will have a read!! In fact no-one has commented on it – so to be honest I think it was us nit picking! When a video plays people are looking at the content – and not analysing whether it fills the screen – unless they have uploaded video themselves! In any case when you click “full screen” it fills the screen anyway!! I will have a read and report back if I find anything!
Nice of your Forum contact to follow up after all this time! Thank him for me and tell him I will check the YT help page....

I have seen his finished product on the web and to me it doesn't seem to matter that much. I will come back if he reports anything of interest.
Thanks again. Pete.