CS5 Premier pro editing problem

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Roy1

CS5 Premier pro editing problem

Post by Roy1 »

I have a little problem and I've tried all kinds of variations and I cannot solve the problem. The matter is that I have a clip of some wording and at the start all the wording is not showing. Then it pans along until all wording is shown. When all wording is shown on the timeline I place the indicator where I want to make a photo and use the little camera button and it makes the photo with no bother showing the wording as I want it. I then place the photo on the timeline and it plays perfectly. The trouble starts when I transfer the complete video to encore to make an ISO. In encore I can play the video and the photo clip is perfectly shown with the correct wording. When I play back the disk made my encore the photo image reverts to the beginning of the original wording clip and some of the wording is off the screen. I can only think that encore is using an earlier version of the video which has the wrong wording layout. However I deleted all the previous encore projects of the same clip and started again. Result the same on DVD playback. I tried making freeze frame of the correct wording. Result the same I just can't get the correct clip on the DVD. Can anbody suggest what I am doing wrong?
John Roberts

Re: CS5 Premier pro editing problem

Post by John Roberts »

Hi Roy - I don't use any of the programs you have so I'm not sure if it's a problem with the clip or any 'keyframed pan and crop' movement you have set to animate the text. If the movement is part of a video clip and you have grabbed an image of the wording where you want it, try deleting the original clip from the hard drive (or copy it to a USB memory stick if you don't want to lose it altogether) and try again. It could be that somehow the editing program is still sourcing the clip from the hard drive, even though it appears to be deleted from the project.

Alternatively if there are keyframes added to a text file or clip to animate it then try and find these and alter or delete them. I can replace clips on the timeline with any other yet still retain the keyframes if I want to, therefore replacing the clip with a still image of itself might still be animated in exactly the same way.

As to why Encore appears to preview your project perfectly yet 'write' a different project I have no idea. It might be worth deleting the previous ISO files you made, just in case Encore is somehow sourcing these on playback or writing a DVD. Alternatively, try rendering a very high quality .mp4 file or similar from CS5 and seeing if this plays back OK on the computer before entrusting it to Encore. If it does, then consider using the .mp4 in Encore to create your ISO. Just things to try.

As I say I am completely unfamiliar with your programs, so I'm just trying to think what I would do. Perhaps someone with more experience of CS5 and Encore will be able to help better.

Good luck!
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

Thanks John for your suggestions. As I have said I have already deleted all the encore projects and iso's and it has made no difference to the end result. I'll try deleting the original clip from Hard drive after saving it of course on a memory stick. It's worth saying perhaps that I have never had this problem before and of course all the tutorials I have, never mention it.
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

To save anyone else giving advice on this matter. I have now solved the problem.