transfer of DVD/Bu-ray to PC.

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Roy1

transfer of DVD/Bu-ray to PC.

Post by Roy1 »

I have a self inflicted problem, either old age as well as distractions to blame. Normally after completing an edit I put the edited video back onto tape and then make an ISO and make a Blu-ray disc. However because of a computer room upheaval along with having a leaky roof and a new boiler installed my old mind wandered and I forgot to place the videos back onto tape and only made ISO's and discs and unfortunately wiped off the projects from the PC. Now I realise I have no method of sending these videos to YouTube. The only thing I can think of is to use a DVD ripping programme to put the content back on the hard drive. Unfortunately the editing programme is on a PC which is for that purpose only and is not connected to the internet and I don't wish it to be. So the Blu-ray disc content will have to be ripped to another PC which is connected to the Internet. I have heard that some of the many ripping programmes offered contain trogans and other nasties. I am thinking about Handbrake to do the ripping. Any suggestions will be welcome.
col lamb

Re: transfer of DVD/Bu-ray to PC.

Post by col lamb »

Roy

www.pavtube.com

Look for video convertor ultimate

Its the software I use and it now costs $65.

My version also rips commercial discs so my movie collection is now ripped and on the media player so no more trailer after trailer before we get to the movie
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

I have been seeking a way to copy my own blu-ray discs back to the PC by using a ripping programme. I realise now that I don't need to use such programmes as Premiere pro 5 will do the job for me. I have now successfully done the job with premiere pro and forwarded the result to You Tube as well as putting the video onto tape for achiving.
tom hardwick

Post by tom hardwick »

You say .. putting the video onto tape for archiving. You mean you've downconverted the Blu-ray to HDV to archive to tape?
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

TOM. I suppose that's what I've done. All I know is that I have exported the completed video from the timeline back onto a mini cassette tape as an HDV video via the Sony HDV camcorder. A video that started off as a Blu-ray disc is now on You Tube and also on a MINI Cassette tape. All done with Premiere pro 5.