COMPILATION BLU-RAY AND DVDs

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
col lamb

Re: COMPILATION BLU-RAY AND DVDs

Post by col lamb »

Michael

Discs will be around for quite some time yet, they will eventually diminish as online content and downloads increase. As to disc manufacturer, it is something I cannot recommend as the last time I bought discs was about five years ago, I just very rarely use them, with the last time being April 2013 when I made a club compilation.

I have BT Infinity and all the content is streamed, all my movies are kept solid state and if I want to bore visitors my movies are on the media player and nas server.

I agree discs make sense certainly as a means of distribution until universal hi speed broadband is available everywhere.

Bitvice is a Mac product hence outside by sphere of knowledge, glad we can have your advice for Mac users.

50Gb Prores, OK Michael I think that you are exceptional and most would prefer to submit an mp4 of a much lower file size or put their movie on a Bluray. Is Bluray how you distribute your masterpieces?

Projected public performance, is Bluray considered to be a great medium for using as a source? If it is then an MP4 file correctly encoded will give just as good a visual results. The issue is incompatible projection kit.
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb