CS6 edit to CS5

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Roy1

CS6 edit to CS5

Post by Roy1 »

If I edit a video on CS6 premiere Pro. and the CS6 has not got Encore installed, Is is possible to transfer the edited video to another PC which has CS5 and Encore so as to make an ISO of the Video. Is there a way of making an ISO using the CS6 without the Encore perhaps by installing another App to the PC which has the CS6 and no encore.
col lamb

Re: CS6 edit to CS5

Post by col lamb »

Roy

You should have CS6 Encore as they come as a pair.

Projects are not backwards compatible.

You can make mpeg and mp4 files in CS6 and use them in CS5
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

If you really want to get away from Windows XP I could offer you something.
I have built a computer for film editing. It is an Intel Quad core computer with 6Gb of memory, a DVD drive and three hard disks. It has a decent size flat screen monitor. It has a top Asus mainboard and a firewire card built into the mainboard.
It has the full Adobe CS6 installed and running and also has Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

COL. The questions are ask is because I have been offered this PC at a very reasonable price. But since agreeing to buy it after a trial The above are the specs. The seller who I trust and who actually built my PC with the CS5, now tells me that he can't install Encore in the CS6. Every other programme in CS6 has opened ok. Hence my questions about making ISO's and dvd/blu ray discs.

My logic obviously is obviously not the same as PC's. Let me run this past you. If I edit a video with CS6 and export the edited video back onto Mini DV tape cassette via the camcorder. Could I then capture it on the other PC onto CS5 and send it to Encore to make an ISO and subsequently use IMGburn to burn a Blu Ray disc. Failing this it looks as if I wont be able to use CS6, I am thinking I could use the offered PC for general internet work in stead of the XP machine, although at the moment the XP PC is working ok with the protection of AVG. What do you think.
col lamb

Post by col lamb »

Roy
You do not need to export your movie back to tape and re-capture it in CS5.
Export your movie from CS6 as a MPG file, you should then find that Encore does not have to transcode the file.

Open Encore CS5 and use the above file in the project to create a disk.
An MPG file is an MPG file.

With Adobe a project you make in CS6 you cannot import into CS5 but you can import a CS5 project into CS6, this has been the case for many generations of Premiere.

As for the Windows 7 PC, it should have more RAM. You should have at least 8Gb, the minimum RAM is calculated as 2Gb per CPU core, hence quad core = 8Gb. Note these are minimum’s and double is better.

There have been all sorts of issues with CS6, I never upgraded to it and stayed with 5.5 which on my system is rock stable.

You can log on to Adobe with your usual user name and password and download Encore CS6 and install it from a new download. It may be a bit messy finding it but the CC users do not get Encore (Adobe has stopped developing it) and they have to download the CS6 version and install it, you should be able to do the same.
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

COL. Thanks for the info. I follow most of what you say but One point I don't understand. You say export the edited video from CS6 as an MPG file. BUT where do you export it to. Surely it would be on the same PC. How would I get that MPG file from the CS6 computer to. Encore which is on another Computer?
col lamb

Post by col lamb »

A memory stick, copy file onto it and transfer to the other PC, then copy file to that PC.

This way you will maintain quality.

If you are unsure how to produce an mpg or mp4 file go to www.vimeo.com and in the search box type collamb (my name with no space) and in my movies there is a video tutorial on producing SD and HD video files
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

COL. Thanks for info. I use Memory sticks quite often but I never thought of using one in connection with exporting at this time. Old age I'm afraid.