Mob Phone Moto G

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Peter Stedman

Mob Phone Moto G

Post by Peter Stedman »

Thought I would try my regular friends on this one first. I've had a Moto G (Android) phone for several weeks and getting to learn many of the features. Yesterday I made some changes in ‘Settings’ with the result that I get the spoken voice instructions etc. but I seem to be locked onto just one home screen and can’t see or find my contact list or the ‘Settings’ app so cannot undo my changes. Any ideas? I was thinking to reset the phone to factory default but can’t seem to find how to do that. Ideas would be appreciated.

I know it's nothing to do with video but perhaps some one can assist. Pete
col lamb

Re: Mob Phone Moto G

Post by col lamb »

http://ppbm7.com/index.php/tweakers-page

try a forced reboot - press and hold both the Power and Volume Down keys until your phone goes
dark and restarts. If necessary, hold the Power key to turn your phone back on
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
Peter Stedman

Post by Peter Stedman »

Hi Col,
Thanks for your reply on my 'non-video' related query. Thought this might be the answer. Having followed your inst. I came up with a drop down list of options. I tried the obvious 'reset' one and rebooted but nothing changed. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong of course.

I then thought I would try a Motorola Forum and started to register and got as far as inputting my phone serial number and the place to find that is in the phone's 'settings'. This, unfortunately, I now can't access as the 'settings' icon has 'vanished'. I have really put myself in the mire over this.
Any further help appreciated. Thanks. Pete
col lamb

Post by col lamb »

Peter

Another process to try
How do I reset my device?

In the unlikely event that your device becomes unresponsive, frozen, blank or black screen, or will not respond to the power button, you can perform a force restart or reboot on the device by following the steps below.

Press and hold the Power button for 7 - 10 seconds, the device will restart and go through the boot-up sequence.

Notes:
•The forced restart or reboot will not delete any Data on your phone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Factory Data Reset is a tool used to remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the device. Keep in mind, when using this feature everything is deleted.

To reset your device:

1. Touch

2. Touch Settings

3. Touch Backup & reset

4. Touch Factory Data Reset

5. Touch Reset Phone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

External Reset

If you are unable to access the phone's menu to perform the standard reset you can attempt an external factory reset.

Notes:
•When using this feature; everything is deleted from the device.

•Reset will require a minimum battery level of 25%. If you are unable to perform a reset, please charge for 20-30 minutes and try reset again.

1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL DOWN KEY for 2-3 seconds then POWER key then release.

2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS

3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to select

Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.

4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)

5. Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key

Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 6, try a force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.

6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)

7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to Wipe data / factory reset and the POWER Key to select this option

8. Use the VOL DOWN key again to select YES - delete all user data and press the POWER key to CONFIRM

9. Once the Formatting is complete, press the POWER key to confirm a REBOOT

10. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence
'
'
If all this fails then a trip into town is called for, go to the shop of the network you are with and they will be able to sort it out.
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb