Premiere CS6 - Sequences.

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Peter Stedman

Premiere CS6 - Sequences.

Post by Peter Stedman »

I have been using Prem. CS6 for about a year now, all within my limitations of course. There is a facility for creating more than one 'sequence' in a project so I thought I would try this on my latest project and it worked fine. However I can't see how to add these additional 'sequences' back into the main 'sequence' time line.

It's appreciated that if you don't use CS6 then you might not know what the hell I'm talking about.
Advice from CS6 users appreciated.
Cheers. Pete.
col lamb

Re: Premiere CS6 - Sequences.

Post by col lamb »

Peter

In the media bin window as well as all the clips, titles and sound file you will also see the sequences, simply click hold and drag the wanted sequence into the sequence where you want to place it.

So say your main sequence is A and you have other sequences B, C & D drag these into A and any changes made too them will be reflected in them nested in A.

A tip, if you want to change the speed of a clip do that as a sequence all of its own, it works better that way.

Now the best tip, do not bother selecting the right project preset when starting a new project.

Import the media keeping like for like media in its own media bin, then select any clip and either drag it onto the New Item icon at the bottom of the bin window or right click and select new sequence from clip, this way your sequence settings will precisely match the source video files resulting in smoother easier editing.
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb