Dropbox query

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Peter Stedman

Dropbox query

Post by Peter Stedman »

Occasionally I send a video file by Dropbox to folk and all works well so they tell me. I sent one yesterday and the recipient says that, whilst he can view the video, he can't actually save the file on his PC.

(I have actually tried putting the query on Dropbox but think I can't have done this correctly)

Any advice on this one please. Pete.
Dave Watterson

Re: Dropbox query

Post by Dave Watterson »

If he can view it, then it almost certainly already IS on his computer.

If the recipient is her/himself a Dropbox user, there will be a Dropbox folder on their computer and the file will be in that.

They may be confused because right-clicking on the file in Dropbox does not offer a "save as" option ... for the basic reason that the file is already saved. You can, however choose "Copy", navigate to another folder and click "Paste".

On a PC the Dropbox folder is often stored under "My Documents" and called "My Dropbox".
Peter Stedman

Re: Dropbox query

Post by Peter Stedman »

Thanks Dave,
I should have mentioned that he hasn't got Dropbox on his PC. He explained that he was trying to install it but didn't fancy all the 'nasties' he might get so abandoned it, but others who have not got Dropbox seem to be OK. I will pass your gen on to him. Thanks again.
Pete.