New laptop.

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Peter Stedman

New laptop.

Post by Peter Stedman »

I've treated myself to a new Laptop. NOT for video editing but for the many other little jobs that come along. What I intend to do is edit my HD videos on Prem CS6 on my dedicated Desk to machine and then export and save the file on my Laptop and take this to the video club and connect to their projector by the HDMI cable and the audience can see my undoubted masterpieces (or disaster pieces) on the big screen.

My question is. What export setting do I use in CS6 to get the best HD quality for viewing? Any problems in my idea that I should be aware of?

Thanks. Pete.
TimStannard

Re: New laptop.

Post by TimStannard »

How are you planning to get the audio out?
Your options are:
Take the HDMI from the laptop to a "home theatre" type amp setup from where the HDMI video signal passes on to the projector via another HDMI cable, or
Take the HDMI from the laptop to the projector as you describe in yor post and a separate signal from the headphone jack to the input of an analogue mixer/amp.

(Other oprions are no doubt available)

Can't comment on formats for CS6 as I'm a Vegas user.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
Peter Stedman

Post by Peter Stedman »

Thanks. The club has, and uses, a separate amp for the audio. That's as far as I have got at the moment. Pete
col lamb

Post by col lamb »

Go to Vimeo.com

Type "collamb" in the search box (including" ") and in amongst my videoes is a number of tutorials, amongst them is exporting from Premiere and the settings that I use
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
Peter Stedman

Post by Peter Stedman »

Thanks Col,
Very valuable tutorial.
Pete