different sizes of the viewed image??

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Peter Stedman

different sizes of the viewed image??

Post by Peter Stedman »

Difficult to explain in the Subject matter above.
I have made two short videos and have exported them to a memory stick, one as a WMV file and the other as a MP4 file. They both play fine. I have just changed the music on the video and apart from that no other changes and exported it as an MP4 file.

Now the first two video play fine and show full screen but the last one (with the change of music) shows on the screen with a HUGH black border on all sides.

Can't understand this and I can't seem to make it play 'full screen' as the other two.
Any ideas or explanations on this please?
Pete
tom hardwick

Re: different sizes of the viewed image??

Post by tom hardwick »

You're replaying all the videos using WMP Peter?
When you check the properties of the video files, what do they say?
When you export as an MP4 file you're given lots of different parameters. Were these all the same at the time of encoding?

tom.
Peter Stedman

Post by Peter Stedman »

Thanks Tom.
Playing in WMP.
I have re-encoded the same video again as an MP4 and this one plays fine.
I have checked one against the other and with my limited knowledge see as follows:
The 'dodgy' one shows. 1920x1080. Data Rate 4507 KBPS. Total Bit Rate 4665 KBPS. 25 FPSec

The file that is OK I see details as: 1920x1080. Data Rate 4522 KBPS. Total Bit Rate. 4679 KBPS. 25 FPSec.
I can see that they show different but that's as far as my knowledge goes. Does it make any sense to you?
I can't recall exactly what I did at the time. I just chose the setting that came up in Premiere CS6.

Cheers. Pete.
tom hardwick

Post by tom hardwick »

So is all well now? The 'dodgy' file looks to be perfectly formed from its spec, so not sure what happened to make it physically smaller on screen.