burning ISO

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Roy1

burning ISO

Post by Roy1 »

I am using Vegas movie studio 10 HD platinum and DVD architect 5 studio with Win.7. Before this I was using the same programmes but with Win.XP pro.
Beforer upgrading to Win.7 I had no problems burning short HD videos to a DVD disc. Now I can only do this by burning an ISO with Nero, however whilst the resultant image is great, parts of the sound is distorted and the part of the sound which is distorted is the music I put on during editing. The sound taken by the camcorder when shooting is perfect. The same iso burnt to a Blu-ray BD-RE is perfect in picture and all sound. At first I thought the HD video I was burning had to much detail such as transitions etc. and the video was to long, so I made another video with only 6 clips and just enough music to cover the 6 Clips. The result was the same. Can anyone suggest what the cause might be?
tom hardwick

Re: burning ISO

Post by tom hardwick »

When you have the movie on the timeline Roy, do you have a mixer open to monitor the audio levels? I ask because it's possible that the on-camera audio could be near peaking and adding a music track could take this into the red. But this doesn't explain the perfect BD audio you're getting. You're using AC3 for the DVD's audio?
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

Tom. Thanks for your input. Yes I always monitor the audio levels as I am editing. I don't know if AC3 is being used for the audio as the whole process is done automatically by the Vegas programmes and by Nero. I don't see any choices offered.
col lamb

Post by col lamb »

TRy burning the discs using the free IMGBURN software it is the software I always use.
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

COLIN. I get the same result using INGBURN and every other burning programme.
col lamb

Post by col lamb »

It could possibly be that in upgrading to Windows 7 it loaded its own generic default drivers for the hardware.

I suggest that yyou backup the full C drive and then update the drivers for each piece of hardware, GPU, Optical drives, motherboard etc.
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb